How Marvel Became the Envy (and Scourge) of Hollywood

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I enjoyed that read.

Because it was written last year some of its funny looking back. (Will GoTG be profitable?)

I enjoy hearing the behind the scenes stuff that does not get publicity.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And just imagine if they had their A-list back.

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
I enjoyed that read.

Because it was written last year some of its funny looking back. (Will GoTG be profitable?)

I enjoy hearing the behind the scenes stuff that does not get publicity.

I'm very hesitant to copy and paste dated material, (for obvious reasons,) that this particular article contained so much inside dope that I felt that it would be good to share with the rest of forum.

Also, if you compare this article with Superman vs. Batman? DC's Real Battle Is How to Create Its Superhero Universe Superman vs. Batman? DC's Real Battle Is How to Create Its Superhero Universe - Hollywood Reporter, it gives the impression that Warner Bros. has "too many chiefs and not enough Indians," concerning it's superhero shared universe, as we all feared, instead of focusing in an overall vision for the DC Cinematic Universe, they're trying to play catch up to Marvel.

I know shit about movies either from a creative, production, or business side, but if were me, I'd would have a triumvirate of Geoff Johns, Bruce Timm, and somebody like a Jeph Loeb or a Kevin Smith, (a person who's not only knew the source material but also knows the industry,) to first and foremost build a cinematic universe from the ground up.

You formulate your "bible," which characters you're going to use how these characters are interconnected, and how the DC Cinematic universe is going to grow and expand over the course of these movies.

Personally, I wouldn't have went with the A list, I would have back to the Golden Age and started with the Crimson Avenger, Diana, and JSA. Since may be immortal (or at the very least ages very slowly,) she would have been the link between the Golden Age to the present with the introduction of the JLA.

What Warner Bros. needs to do is be patience and have give the public the best possible product that they can. After all, they have the most well known and iconic superheroes in the genre. I understand that the WB is under a lot of pressure, but as I always said, what Warner Bros. doesn't want people saying is how can Marvel make a successful Cinematic Universe using their second and third tier characters, (that includes a fucking raccoon, a tree, and Ant-Man,) but Warner Bros, can't make a successful cinematic universe with the fucking Super Friends.