How much are you willing to pay for a MRAP M-ATV ?

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Just fishing , the cost would be around $200 -$350.

This would be a 1/18th scale resin kit that you would have to build.

I like the looks of the M-ATV and as MRAPs go I think it is the smallest one .

Interest ?

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Danny, while it is rich for a few people, I will say it is worth it. I dread not being able to buy any of the kits Pickle makes. The 222 was orgasmic. However, the other problem for me is, my lack of modeling skills would make it look like I threw a tube a glue in a box, shook the box up and viola! assembled.

If you can build a model that you are pleased with and can spare the scratch, these models are very well worth it. I still love the way the Horten looks as well.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Pickel,

I would LOVE to see one of these. That is wayyy to rich for me now. Back about 8 years ago, no problem...now, 2 kids and possibly another on the way. Just can't drop that much on a non-priority(Daycare is a bitch!).

On a side note, an M1117 would be pretty cool too.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Side question -

Is there a page or site that has pics of all of these kits? Or do I just need to wade through countless posts?

minstrelboy

The Unwashed
May 13, 2011
Midway, PA
I'd love some MRAPs to be available, but I couldn't afford that much. I've been very slowly trying to get my CAD chops back up to try to see what it might run to do something like this and have it printed in 3D by Shapeways. There is a thread over at HISSTank where one of the members made a 3-3/4 scale Adventure Team MSV (see it here: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-j...making-3d-model-3-3-4-adventure-team-msv.html), and looks very nice. Unfortunately, I can't afford my own AutoCAD program (which is what I'm the most familiar with), and the TurboCAD program I've purchased doesn't have a lot of similar commands, so it will take a while before I get my skills up to a level where I'll be ready to pay to make something. My favorite MRAP is the RG-33, however. This is an amazingly cool-looking troop carrier. I'd also love to see a 1:18 scale FMTV War Pig.

I know this thread has been inactive for half a year, but have you made any progress in moving towards starting this project?

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I'd love some MRAPs to be available, but I couldn't afford that much. I've been very slowly trying to get my CAD chops back up to try to see what it might run to do something like this and have it printed in 3D by Shapeways. There is a thread over at HISSTank where one of the members made a 3-3/4 scale Adventure Team MSV (see it here: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-j...making-3d-model-3-3-4-adventure-team-msv.html), and looks very nice. Unfortunately, I can't afford my own AutoCAD program (which is what I'm the most familiar with), and the TurboCAD program I've purchased doesn't have a lot of similar commands, so it will take a while before I get my skills up to a level where I'll be ready to pay to make something. My favorite MRAP is the RG-33, however. This is an amazingly cool-looking troop carrier. I'd also love to see a 1:18 scale FMTV War Pig.

I know this thread has been inactive for half a year, but have you made any progress in moving towards starting this project?

No I have been working on many many other projects.

There was not a lot of interest in the MRAP.

There was only 3 guys that showed interest.

Last edited:

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
I'm new here, I have many skills, I'd help make
parts, I'm not set up with pics here but I'm on
the Hisstank if anyone's interested, got a few
BAR Armor vehics in the works, I would buy 2
if someone made them for sure, I'd even pay up
front to support the process, He'll Ya !!