Huge diorama Jurassic Park - 15 ft. wide

klausbrazil

klausbrazil
Jun 22, 2011
São Paulo
Jurassic Park is one of my favorite subjects for a diorama. For several months now I have built on a 15 ft. wide diorama. It is finished for now but probably I will modify it within the next months again. I think a diorama never gets realy finished because I always get some ideas on how to change details. The current one has about 50 action figures and includes of course a T-Rex and several Velociraptors. The vehicles shown are (from left to right): a Hummer from Lanard modified as dino catcher, a Jeep Wrangler from Maisto, a four-wheel cycle from Chap Mei, a forklift from Bruder, a helicopter from Chap Mei, a Ford F 250 from Maisto, a phantasy truck with trailer from Schleich, a Landrover Discovery from Motormax, a custom painted Hummer from Maisto with a custom painted trailer from Playmobil and another Jeep from Maisto. As emblems I have used packages of JP figures and it seems that sometimes I have purchased bootlegs many years ago: Have a look at the inscription of the sightseeing tower on the right side of the main building.

Here is the link:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/Klausmerkel/Jurassic Park 2011 Version 2

Here is the link for details of the first-mentined Hummer from Lanard:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/Klausmerkel/JP-Hummer Scale 1_18/

Here is the link to pictures from an 10 ft. wide JP diorama I made some years ago and where I included a scratch-built Higgins boat:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/Klausmerkel/Jurassic Park/

I hope you like it. As a fan of Spielberg I always presume that everyone has watched his three movies Jurassic Park and sometimes I am surprised that some people did not even hear about them. Therefore: If you have not watched these movies, most likely you will not understand the above diorama.

If I may add another tip: The two-axis trailer (circus subjetc mainly) from Playmobil may serve very well as mobile command center for dioramas concerning WW II.

klausbrazil

klausbrazil
Jun 22, 2011
São Paulo
First link was broken. I've fixed it for you:
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/Klausmerkel/Jurassic%20Park%202011%20Version%202/

Awesome dioramas! I love dinosaurs too and I'm impressed by the amount of work you've put into these displays. :)

You get extra points for having the Chap Mei Skycrane helicopter. :D

Thanks a lot for fixing the link. I had not realized it was broken. Indeed I put a lot of time into a diorama but I do not consider that as work. It is relaxing and helps me to put behind me stress from work.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Great work on the dio! My son would love it. He's totally into dinosaurs right now, particularly Jurassic Park. He's getting the trilogy for his birthday next month...

klausbrazil

klausbrazil
Jun 22, 2011
São Paulo
Great work on the dio! My son would love it. He's totally into dinosaurs right now, particularly Jurassic Park. He's getting the trilogy for his birthday next month...

Today scientist of course would say that the three movies are a phantasy, the velocirators in reality had a different shape etc. etc. However, the movie JP 1 sparked a huge pucblic interest in dinos that in consequence led the scientists to have much more funds available for their real research on dinos. In case your son has not watched it already, recommend him also the BBC series on dinos made in the beginning of the 2000s. You do not even have to buy it, he will find it on Youtube. On Youtube he also will find other BBC movies on the last ice age and its mamals, the neanderthalers etc. I also loved to watch an American series on historic and ancient warfare, made by the History Channel. It caused me to search for historic soldier figures for dioramas. I have already Napoleon I on a horse at scale 1:18. However, as far as my shelfs are concerned I may say that his great army has not yet arrived on the battlefield.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Cool. I think he has already watched all the Dino documentaries on NetFlix. I think they had the ones you were recommending. He also spends a lot of time checking out books about Dinos too. He may well grow up and become an anthropologist...

By the way, Sao Paulo is a great city!