ideas for this?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
The head is an SDS cast, the body is Destroyer from Thor. I had to use this large figure because the head just looked odd on a smaller figure.

I'm not sure what else to do with him. I don't want him to be a black night or demon cliche, although that's probably what will happen.
My thought is that's he/it is some kind of evil genie, that's the most I have. He is going to be paired up witha normal 1:18th sized figure who will be his "master".
As far as decoration, I thought I could disfigure his hands, maybe use a craw-dad claw on him like I did with that one custom I made a few months back.

And I'm wondering about how the head sits, does it look like it rides too high? From the front I think it looks fine, but it looks weird from the sides and back. Maybe I just need to make the neck thicker all around?

Thoughts?

(and yes, I do plan on getting rid of the button panel in his stomach.)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I definitely lower the head.

Look up Jinn/Djinn and Efreet/Ifrit and see if ya get inspired.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I watched Jeepers Creepers once years ago, but don't recall that. I think it's referred to as a demon.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I watched Jeepers Creepers once years ago, but don't recall that. I think it's referred to as a demon.

I will have to look up, The first i dont think they call him anything, the second is when i think they called him that. either way, wherever I first heard the name and term it was in a movie. Now i need to figure that movie out. lol.

edit - is it Wishmaster?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, Wishmaster was definitely djinn. Any progress on this one, Bob.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
No progress. In fact, I might go a completely different route. I might make him Baron Karza from Micronauts. He'd be perfect for BK if I can find a different head, but on the other hand, I've got a Baghdad looking thief custom and there was a picture under one of those two names you gave me that showed an evil genie and a thief, so there's that.

And since you mention Jeepers Creepers, just what the hell is that thing??? In the first movie they find that under ground crypt with all sorts of carvings on the walls so it seems to have a mythology behind it, but no one ever really says anything. Unless I've missed something?

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
After I rechecked the movie out thinkin he was a Djinn, I found all they say about him is that he is a flesh-eating ancient beast that resurfaces on the Earth every 23 years to feed. Nothing more.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Perhaps, though the fact they've managed to turn this into a trilogy is kind of sad.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Why is that sad? As long as they can build and expand on the story/character and not dilute it...isn't that a good thing?

Although I don't know if they've built and not diluted this story, I haven't concentrated on it enough.

Was it meant to be a one-off in the first place?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I dunno.

I watched the first two and thought it was all pretty meh. Maybe I just don't go for formulaic horror movies. Or maybe it's just typical '00 Hollywood garbage.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I dunno.

I watched the first two and thought it was all pretty meh. Maybe I just don't go for formulaic horror movies. Or maybe it's just typical '00 Hollywood garbage.

I enjoyed the second more than the first, but I think that was because it was brainless action horror. I sometimes enjoy action for the sake of action and horror just for the slashings. That was pretty much the plot of 2. lol. I felt the first movie they tried to be a suspense horror with a twist ending. I thought they failed.

Why is that sad? As long as they can build and expand on the story/character and not dilute it...isn't that a good thing?

Although I don't know if they've built and not diluted this story, I haven't concentrated on it enough.

Was it meant to be a one-off in the first place?
I think initially it was.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Hmmm, put the horn head on a Thor Frost Giant figure and that would be a good start.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I enjoyed the second more than the first, but I think that was because it was brainless action horror. I sometimes enjoy action for the sake of action and horror just for the slashings. That was pretty much the plot of 2. lol. I felt the first movie they tried to be a suspense horror with a twist ending. I thought they failed.

I think initially it was.

I like how they brought in the father/son team in the second one, hunting the creature...almost like a Moby Dick type thing. Other wise it would have been left up to one of the students to make some sort of weapon to kill it and then the movie would really have been like most any other horror flick.

And if I was that father, I wouldn't have stopped with just stabbing it repeatedly, I would have chopped it's dam head off and burned it all till nothing was left but ash.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
OOOhhhhh, I like that!

I would go more with the frost giant as a base because it's so tall and lanky...which is how Ewoks character appears to me. It also doesn't have all the armor that the Thor would have. Ewoks character does have armor, but most of it looks like it would need to be custom made.

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
First thing I thought of when I saw those horns was Tim Curry's satan in "Legend." I'd love to see one of you guys make a custom of that character. Hell, I'd by one with the quickness.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
First thing I thought of when I saw those horns was Tim Curry's satan in "Legend." I'd love to see one of you guys make a custom of that character. Hell, I'd by one with the quickness.

I'll just leave this here

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I imagine an accurate 1:18 Lord of Darkness would be quite a chore to pull off.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That'd be fine for the torso, arms and thighs (they're gonna need some fur sculpted on), it's the lower legs with the animal.....configuration... where the work comes in.

I'd use toy animal legs, and add joints from other figures. Jusdicous use of soft goods to cover it all up and the right weathering should give you a winner.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I agree, my first thought on the hooves were using the PTE horse, but they are too skinny, If they had (maybe there is, no idea) a clydesdale 3 3/4 that would be perfect. i bet one could find a static clydesdale at AC Moore or Michaels that would work.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Schleich or Papo at the very least makes something that works, but it should be no trouble finding leg donors.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, I think I saw a Papo/Schleich Clydesdale at TRU not long ago.

Also, I think I saw a headsculpt on Onyxpheonix that looked really close to Darkness. How tall was Darkness anyway? I seem to recall he towered over Cruises character. Relatedly, I saw Legend for sale at Wal-Mart today, I was kinda surprised to see it.

I love how this thread has managed to talk about four different figures in it's progression. :) You guys are awesome!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, he needs to generally tower over the largest 1:18 figures.