Is there a non-destructive way to take apart MU hips?

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Looking for a safe way to take apart the hips of the Avengers Assemble Black Widow figure.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
4"? Without cracking/splitting the pelvis? In for an answer, curiosity's sake.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
The Avengers assemble figures use a plugged together swivel double hinge like the Big Boss kit I make. You're going to need to crack the torso, but first you'll have to cut that belt off, or heat it up enough to stretch it over her hips.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'm tearing the same figure apart tonight. Though I'm harvesting the arms and don't care about how badly the body is damaged.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I've dismantled 2 of them,gonna off another soon as well. neather came apart easy. I destroyed both torsos doing it.

The hips are like Joe shoulder joints.

I've only seen what Vortious is talking about on a Loki figure I took apart...I've only taken apart around a half dozen marvel figures tho,lol.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
I've dismantled 2 of them,gonna off another soon as well. neather came apart easy. I destroyed both torsos doing it.

The hips are like Joe shoulder joints.

I've only seen what Vortious is talking about on a Loki figure I took apart...I've only taken apart around a half dozen marvel figures tho,lol.

Thanks for the pic. Now to decide if I want to try to harvest the legs or use the whole torso/leg combo.

ShipShape1983

Its THAT guy...
Sep 17, 2013
NJ
I found success taking apart Ultimates Thor and Avengers Hawkeye.

I start at the crotch where the seem is with an exacto knife. Cut in... than I put a flat head screwdriver in and slowly pry the torso apart working the seems apart.