joe3 by bay?????????

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
Alright let's get this out of the way 1st: we know it's too early for Hasbro and Hollywood to plan out a GI Joe 3 movie when GI Joe II hasn't even been released, and is still in the very early stages of production. However, something interesting happened recently with regards to another big Hasbro property, Transformers.

Michael Bay has bid farewell to Transformers

Prior to Michael Bay, Transformers had enjoyed success with the Transformers Armada trilogy in 2002. Yet 2007 took everyone by surprise, be it fans and/or retailers, as supply could not keep up with demand for the movie toys, and sales of the 2007 movie line alone eclipsed previous lines by a substantial amount. To say Hasbro made a ton of profit would be an understatement.

Hate him or love him, the Transformers movies by Michael Bay contributed in making Transformers a property in demand globally. Sure it could be on the edgy side when deciding whether or not kids should watch it, but that didn't seem to matter as a lot of kids still ended up watching the movies and buying the toys anyways.

So with Bay done for Transformers, should he revitalize GI Joe next? Here are some benefits to adding Bay to the helm:

Good connections with the US military...so everyone who is tired of CG and wants to see GI Joe outfitted with the latest and best REAL military vehicles instead, there you go
His Transformers movies made a ton of money for Hasbro
Blows lots of stuff up in almost every movie
Is no stranger to having military/special ops elements in his movies
No stranger to action movies

At this point, with Jon Chu at the helm of GI Joe II, a different director for GI Joe 3 might not throw things off. Chu didn't direct the 1st movie.

SlayerDave

Enlisted
Jun 27, 2011
I think its to early to tell, if 2 does well they may consider Bay, and it could work in a big way.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yes, because i want the dogfights between Rattlers and Skystrikers to be unintelligible clusterfucks.

Transformers definitely got a boost from the movies, but they've been toy shelf and cartoon constants since the '80s.

Chu likely can't do any worse than the guy before, but i have my doubts Joe gets a trilogy.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Guaranteed to see a lot of Scarlett, Lady Jaye and the Baroness too if Bay were to direct...

Doubt Bay would get the nod. That'd be H'bro actually trying hard to make Joe popular again, and we all know that's not an option for the step child line...

Anybody heard who's playing Baroness in 2?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone is better than the tramp they had last time.

Well, no, Jennifer Aniston would suck.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yes, because i want the dogfights between Rattlers and Skystrikers to be unintelligible clusterfucks...

AWESOME!!!

personally, i'd prefer the dance douche doing it now, over Bay...when you have someone with a big name (Bay), they bring their arrogance with them and think ALL their dumb ideas are the best thing ever

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
my choice

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
man bay should of done joe from the get go. you know he could of done both . can you just imagine how much money hasbro would of made if bay did both brands. all i have to say is nest !!!!!!!!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
FYI, HT listed this as "movie news" and it's not movie news. Just fan-wank at this point.

I honestly think Bay would've done a better job with ROC due to his experience with filming military, but I don't want him helming any more franchises. He ran Transformers into the ground by the third one... The spirit and fun of Transformers was completely gone by the end of the film and it was just another bleak alien invasion/disaster flick.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
what i didn't like about the TF movies is how far Bay strayed from the sorce designs...they got too alien looking as opposed to robot looking...RoC did the same thing with Joe...see the correlation here?

my point is, i think if Bay handled Joe, it'd be only marginally better than RoC as he'd change everything to the Bay-way (its better :rolleyes:) just like TFs...the Joes we know and recognize would be as similar to their counterparts as the Bayformers are to their G1 counterparts, meaning, not at all...

no thanks to that arrogant cock...

personally, i think Zack Snyder could do a pretty freaking cool, gritty, stylized military movie

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Transformers definitely got a boost from the movies, but they've been toy shelf and cartoon constants since the '80s.

Not... exactly.

Transformers G1 died out in the States in 1990. Stuff like the Turbomaster and Predator jets only coming out in Europe/Australasia. Japan has it's own thing going on with Zone, Masterforce etc (really bad Anime TF shows too).

Generation 2 comes in 1993, so the USA gets it's first new Transformers since 1990. Lasts till about 1995 as it doesn't do so well, with no new cartoon just reheated G1 episodes with a shitty CGI cube. The Comic was wicked though.

Then BAM, Beastwars via way of Hasbro's newly acquired Kenner in 1996. They get to run with it as Hasbro doesn't really have high hopes. It's a smash hit and the show goes on to be damn good. The Brand is reinvigorated. A few hiccups along the way, Beast Machines goes a bit too far, Robots in Disguise is brought along to stall for time and Armada puts them back on track.

Then the movie comes in 2007 and Transformers is shot through the stratosphere and makes insane money, rinse and repeat till now, with Animated being the sole exception and the toyline got cancelled.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
oooh, 3 whole years out of the last 26. Better record than Joes.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
oooh, 3 whole years out of the last 26. Better record than Joes.

G.I.Joe has had been around for about 20 years longer than Transformers. You're always gonna have ups and downs in a commercial franchise. Tastes change and so does society.

G.I.Joe will always be the adventure fantasy. Enjoy what you can and try not to get bent out of shape about what you don't like. Works for me.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I don't think Bay can do shit. The Rock is the only movie I know of that he made that is worth watching and that was made back in 1996 AKA a long time ago. All of his movies suck except The Rock. I'd rather G.I Joe fade further into obscurity than for it to be the favorite 90 minute Victoria secret/car commercial of a bunch of brainless drooling teenage idiots who'd be entertained just by the jingling of shiny keys.

I think Peter Jackson could do a much better job, the guy has been able to make great action adventure and sci-fi films. Sadly he'd probably never direct a Joe film.