JSI vs 21st Century P-38 Lightning

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
I've been looking around lately for a nice gift to give to my grandfather this year and well I just happened to stumble upon the P-38 Lightning. He has most of the other WW2 aircraft in 1:18 but not the P-38. One of the biggest issues I'm currently running into is which mould is better, JSI or 21st? They look identical as if they were casted from the same mould. Its really hard to say from the pictures online. I've heard both have canopy issues but that's about it. I would love to purchase the California Cutie with the invasion strips but unfortunately they're hard to find and usually cost between $225-$350.00. Too much for my blood. The Putt Putt Maru is cheaper and still in stock but I'm not too fond of the color scheme used. If I only had more time on my hands I could simply just repaint it. Oh well, anyhow let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They ARE the same. Excepting the F-14 all of JSI's stuff was originally 21st Century's.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
I kind of thought so myself but wasn't completely sure which moulds JSI had acquired from 21st and which ones they made on their own.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
It's definately well worth getting. It's one of the best 21st planes out there. I have the silver one with invasion stripes and it doesn't have any problems with the canopy that I'm aware of.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Yeah I certainly agree. The huge wingspan and the twin turbo-supercharged engine design alone make it worth getting for sure.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
It's a nice plane for sure. The JSI version has no pilot but the packaging is very nice.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
True. A matter of fact the boxes for both the Putt Putt Maru and the California Cutie were done quite well.

Also I took notice to the noise art for this plane and it appears the text varies a bit. Look at the placement of both Putt's. The second picture matches up with the real aircraft at the very bottom while the other above it is offset a bit. I guess this part varies from plane to plane.