Just a quick question....

Deslock

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2014
Tennessee
www.darksidealliance.com
Hey everyone, just a quick question. The project that I'm working on is a toy theater series featuring the guys and gals in my gaming Clan.

I'm using the Power Team elite figs for our Battlefield 3/4, so that's not a problem. The question I have is where in the heck can I find any figures that could possibly resemble the suits for the free download PS3 game Dust-514 ?

As you can see, the suits have a very unique look. Do you guys have any ideas of what I could possibly use for this, or know anyone that makes anything close to this look ? Any help would be greatly appreciated; Thanks !

Deslock

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2014
Tennessee
www.darksidealliance.com
Thank you very much ! I'll certainly look into that line.
I started this project just for shits and giggles, but the response I received was so popular that I decided to work on three toy theater projects at once.

A Robot attack thread, a Battlefield 3/4 thread, and a pirate adventure thread.

Not wise. :eek:

Once I started this, I had absolutely no idea that finding actually good looking sets and props in this scale is so rare, and ungodly expensive. It's taken me well over a year, and I have to honestly say I'm about halfway there. It's hard to find toys in this scale that don't look cheap and crappy, which I find truly odd, as popular as this scale is. And the good stuff, as you guys know very well; is very expensive. When I do get lucky enough to find dollhouse props in the proper scale, they're outrageous !! $60 bucks for a toilet, bathtub, and sink ??!!

So I broke down and sculpted them myself. *Whew*. What started out as a joke, has cost me a lot of money, effort, and most of all; time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Like what you guys do, it's been a labor of love, and totally worth it, and I can't wait to share these wonderful stories with my Clanmates. And this site has become a Godsend and a "must go to first" site for my needs. You guys amaze me ! Thank you all so much for everything on this site !!!!!

What I have now is sooo much better than this, and I have this site to thank for it ! :D

Last edited:

Deslock

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2014
Tennessee
www.darksidealliance.com
Thank you for that Robo idea. I went to Wally World today, and they had them marked down to $5.00 from $10.00. Now all I have to do is some head sculpting.

I wish they'd get real with their pricing. No way in Hell I'm paying ten bucks for one generic figure in 1/18th scale. Don't even get me stated on Lego. If these companies would smarten up and make these figures in 1/18, based on really popular games, they would make soooo much cash. CoD, BF3/4, Killzone, RE, and I know we all could go on and on. They are all in business to make money, right ?. Imagine if you could go to the 1/18th PTE site (it's been years, and it's still not up), and purchase what you needed from them ?.

But anyways, thanks again for the tip. The figures aren't perfect, but with a lil' sculpting, I can make them work.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Check out the Captain America Winter Soldier figures too, I just saw the Falcon figure, he's kinda armored but still military looking like Middle guy in your pic.

I'd also look up Red Faction figures that came out a few years ago. Those might work if they're not too much.