Legion XIV Series 2 Kickstarter Live

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Legion XIV has launched a new Kickstarter event for our second series of 1:18 scale weapons. This series includes 15 all new weapons, but we need your help to make it happen. As always, our goal is to create high quality and accurate real world weapons for your 1:18 scale and 3-3/4 inch action figures.

Please note, these will be factory injection molded in black. These will be real plastic parts, not resin castings.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/790108683/1-18-scale-accessory-weapons-pack

Modern:
AK47
Dragunov
L96
Saiga12
HK416
M27
MP5SD2
MSG90
RSASS
Type89

WWII:
M1918 BAR
M1928 Tommy
Mosin Nagant
SKS
Geweher43

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Very interested to see how this goes. The designs look great in 3D.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Where's the 43, and more importantly, is it a sniper variant?

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Damn, no ZF4.

Hmm, looks like a couple of pieces I could throw my money behind. I'll be sticking to Dragon's G43s, though. :D

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Really looking forward to these! Looks like you've done a good job of addressing the thinness on the last batch, once my paycheck clears next week I'm all over this.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Here's some examples to show the width of the guns. The AK47 is one of the narrowest.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
As soon as I have the funds, I'll be backing it. I'm only interested in the more modern weapons, but these look real promising.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Also, did this ever get front paged on the 'stank? I know it's not exactly anyone's favorite place to go, but honestly without any sort of push from them it's hard to really get the word out. Which sucks, because these look pretty damn awesome.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Also, did this ever get front paged on the 'stank? I know it's not exactly anyone's favorite place to go, but honestly without any sort of push from them it's hard to really get the word out. Which sucks, because these look pretty damn awesome.

I'm sure they won't unless he's paying advertising.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'm sure they won't unless he's paying advertising.

This would be the case. I doubt you can really even mention it without the thread getting closed. I would say share with as many as you can on social networks as that goes to more people than a site will.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
No, Hisstank has not frontpaged it. But my thread over there has had over a thousand views.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
No, Hisstank has not frontpaged it. But my thread over there has had over a thousand views.

Well odds are they would not front page it since they really do that for sponsors so I would be pretty surprised if they gave someone a free ride. It really is more about the money with a lot of the news besides customs shown or compatible toy lines since there is not much GI Joe news as of late. With more people there will be a lot of views.

We are doing what we can to help the cause on this site. Of course if there is something else we can do never hesitate to let us know.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'm not sure what else can be done. Like I said, my thread there is now over 1100 views. So exposure isn't the problem. I'm not sure if people are wary about what the final product will look like or if they are just not interested in the lineup. I know with Kickstarter, once people start to contribute it raises the confidence of hesitant people. I'm still trying to find a way to get that rolling.

Do a good M-16A1 and a viable M-60 and I'll back you...

I thought about the M16, but Hasbro's is decent and easily accessible.

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
It is decent, which is why I bought a couple of 25th Duke's for the M-203's. But they are in Joescale and Joe detail...good enough when nothing else is available. I have several 21st M-16's which are better but getting scarce. The 21st AK-47 and the Hasbro AK-47 were very good, but you chose to produce those. Just saying... ;)

The real prize to me though would be a good M-60. Anyway, keep up the good work.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'm not sure what else can be done. Like I said, my thread there is now over 1100 views. So exposure isn't the problem. I'm not sure if people are wary about what the final product will look like or if they are just not interested in the lineup. I know with Kickstarter, once people start to contribute it raises the confidence of hesitant people. I'm still trying to find a way to get that rolling.

One issue could be that people just dropped a bunch on the new FIFA.....I mean gaming figures so weapons are not their priority.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It is decent, which is why I bought a couple of 25th Duke's for the M-203's. But they are in Joescale and Joe detail...good enough when nothing else is available. I have several 21st M-16's which are better but getting scarce. The 21st AK-47 and the Hasbro AK-47 were very good, but you chose to produce those. Just saying... ;)

The real prize to me though would be a good M-60. Anyway, keep up the good work.

21st's Vietnam era weapons were terrible. That OH-6 project has clearly driven you stark, raving mad.

Now, the 173rd Abn. M16 (I've somehow managed not to get one of these, but it's not an A1 at any rate,) is slightly better than the original series weapons, but they're still miles behind everyone else in the detail department. The XM21 is just a sad, detail-less lump (where the hell is the Sionics suppressor), and nearly every figure got it (what the hell was up with that?).

We won't even get into the only AK variant 21st ever made, but be sure that even Cobra Officer's AK from waaaay back in 1982 is better than 21st's.

You are right that we need a good M60, though.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Hasbro's AK is too bulky for me. The fixed stock version also doesn't come with many figures. And Marauder's came out in wave one so it has some scale and detail issues.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Another PSA, remember that at the $25 or higher level you get to choose your assortment of weapons. If $25 is too much, you can always split an order with someone.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Only 2 days left.

Well odds are they would not front page it since they really do that for sponsors so I would be pretty surprised if they gave someone a free ride. It really is more about the money with a lot of the news besides customs shown or compatible toy lines since there is not much GI Joe news as of late. With more people there will be a lot of views.

We are doing what we can to help the cause on this site. Of course if there is something else we can do never hesitate to let us know.

I posted in their news section and they didn't lock it down, so there's that.