Legos are killing it!

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Looks like Legos are doing well and Hasblow is hurtin a bit...

http://money.msn.com/investing/killer-companies-video.aspx?post=ef5f94c4-d43b-492f-ac3f-8244d86a27f8

I need to start buying some more Legos!!!!!!

I hear ya. LEGO can be more fun than action figures. Plus, playing with your kids with action figures vs LEGO is a HUGE difference. Lots of adults have bins of LEGO to sit around and just mess with.

While LEGO sets can be expensive, the play value and replay value with with double that. You buy a kid a $10 action figure, 2 days later, he lost the weapons, next day the figure isn't as interesting.

LEGO on the other hand, if you buy a kid a set, he builds it, then destroys it but instead of boring toys, they can now build whatever they want using their imagination which is by far more important than playing tablets and video games.

In addition to all that, they make for the cheapest home security devices on the market. Plus, you can learn new swear words in the middle of the night stepping on them. :D

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah.. I dunno.

I loved them as a kid, and probably would still if I had the time. All the different brands they represent now are COOL but haven't really snagged me as a customer again.

The initial cost outlay is a bit steep for me too.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
It's kind of the reason I've said in the past, Hasbro needs to figure out a way to alter their figure lines to have building based play experience.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
None of my friends collect action figures like me (which is why I'm always here) but they all love legos.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, Lego's are pretty universal I suppose.

My older son was really into the Star Wars ones a few years ago, but now he's way more interested in video games. Neither of my boys are really into action figures, go figure.

I think traditional action figures are clearly becoming less and less popular. Hasbro needs to add in something 'extra' to the line if they want to keep them relevant. Like a building-experience, or online connectivity, or video game based content (i.e. Skylanders).

Otherwise all the lines will go the IM3 route, cheap as hell figures for a low price, aimed to hit the market when it's hot and not linger.