Marauder Gun-Runners Painted wave 7

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I got these tiny painted masterpieces in the mail today from Marauder's Kickstarter thing, so I thought I'd post some quick thoughts and not-so-great pics.

I'll start off with the "realistic" painted set of Series 7 guns. All of the weapons have a grey "gunmetal" type plastic used for construction, with the painted portions being more like highlights in certain locations. The guns all look great, and the details on the sculpts seem more defined with the grey plastic. The best part about these guns is, unlike Hasbro weapons, the paint doesn't chip. The only negative might be that stress marks show up more on the grey plastic, but that bothers me a whole lot less than a chipped/scratched up handle.

Below are two pics. First pic has the painted Series 7 guns with their regular black counterparts (the flash kills a lot of the detail, sorry). Second pic has some figures posed with select weapons, and the detail shows much better.

Next up is the tan Series 7 set. These guns are exclusive to the Kickstarter. The guns use tan plastic for the base with dark tan, black, or brown paint highlights. I find the guns with black highlights to be the best of the bunch, especially the ACR. All of the guns are solid choices for outfitting desert troops, but I also find them to be a nice fit for the classic blue Cobra troopers.

Now for some more pics. First is the tan guns with black guns, second is tan guns with some Joes, and third is tan and realistic sets together. I gave up on the attachments and grenades for the group shots, so please forgive me for their absence.

I hope you guys enjoy this quick review. Marauder has Series 6 and 7 realistic painted weapons for sale, and I highly recommend picking some up. They are more expensive than the normal black guns but worth every penny.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I got mine the other day...the tan set is really nice. Shame it is only available as a kicksharted set.

EDIT - Dafuq is kicksharted? That came from autocorrect.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I'm going to start a website called Kicksharter. Where you pay to get kicked so hard you shart.

I'll make millions!