March Banner theme - "Action!"

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
For March, let's get some action going on. A battle, dragging someone to safety, a stealthy kill, a fist fight, etc..... Get creative and see what you come up with. I'll dig through my stuff and see what I might have to offer up. No promises but I may have something lying around for an added bonus.

*** NOTE! ***

We have new RULES and REGULATIONS regarding the monthly banner contest, and there are as follows:

1. The submission must be done by the USER and no one but USER.

2. The submission must be in the correct size/aspect ratio: 920px by 322px. You can use any free editing program to crop your image to this size/ratio. Any image submitted outside of this size/ratio will be discarded.

3. The USER submitting the image releases all rights to the submitted image, giving The Fighting 1:18th full usage rights.

4. There will be ONE banner entry, per-person, per-month. If you submit more than ONE entry, all entries will be disqualified. You CAN delete an entry and replace it with another before the end of the month.

5. If there are more than 10 USER's submitted banners for any given month, there will be a primary "run off" to find our 10 finalists. Details for the run off will be in that thread.

6. You may re-submit a NON-winner banner up to (3) additional times.

7. To submit an entry into the banner contest you must create a NEW thread in the Banner forum with the title "USER's banner entry for the month of xxxx". Where USER is your forum name, and xxxx is the upcoming month. Any entries not submitted in this fashion will be discarded.

In the end this is a fun little contest we try to do every month to showcase our best customizers/diorama builders, and we just need to add some structure to make sure everyone is on a level playing field.

CoBrAtHeEnEmY!

its for your own good
Mar 14, 2011
here
im working on one i hope i can get it done in time the weather here has been killing me so ive had to rethink my original plan going to do an in door pic but im haveing to build all my props and back ground

derek_001

Banned
Dec 12, 2011
Cordell, Oklahoma
Yeah its the same problem here i sent MB a pic for a little photo shop help but he hasnt replied to me on that but oh well im going to pull that one anyways because i want to do some outdoor shots BUT....a winter snow storm hit lastnight so maybe ill do a few snow shots...

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
#3 - Releases all rights?

Huh? you mean you now own that photo or you want to use it as well as the person who created it for what ever in the future?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'm pretty sure it's just worded so that by submitting it for a contest you are allowing the site to use it if they want. It is your photo of course but it could be used for promotion or something of the sort.

Say there was a raffle or something and it had a theme related to a certain banner. We may want to use that banner submission to promote it. The person who created it can do anything they want and we would not want to take that creative property away. It's just a permission to use wording. It is only for the contest submissions too. Although, it doesn't hurt to water mark your work so that others don't take it. I can't stress the watermark enough honestly. The banner submission should not have one but diorama and custom pictures should. Some of the pictures people take look very realistic and it would be easy for someone to just save the photo and use it for something and the individual not receive any credit for it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Actually I need to make sure, it's only for the banner WINNER, not the entries.

And basically it's what MB said, since we are putting our logo on it, we may want to use it in the future for "best of" months or something like that.

Also working on getting the username of the person who wins in the image as well.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
cool, I'm not a lawyer, and that's what I figured.

I really think we should make a coffee table book of banner shots and some other best ofs for a fund raiser. I'd buy one

CoBrAtHeEnEmY!

its for your own good
Mar 14, 2011
here
Yeah its the same problem here i sent MB a pic for a little photo shop help but he hasnt replied to me on that but oh well im going to pull that one anyways because i want to do some outdoor shots BUT....a winter snow storm hit lastnight so maybe ill do a few snow shots...

hey at least youve got snow it seems like every time i have a day off its raining lol

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Nobody stole my work but I would not want to see it happen to anyone. I use a free software where you can do bulk water marking. You can put logos or text. It's just with the internet anyone would try to take advantage of somebody else if given the opportunity.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Watermarks don't work that well against people as experienced in Photoshop as I am. I have ways of making anyone's work my own. :pirate: Besides you can find tutorials on this all over the internet. If there's a way to break the law you'll find it on Google.

Krisk

Enlisted
Feb 17, 2012
ok, we can take some pics and drop them in here....nice......and the theme is ACTION.....and this game/contest goes on each month.....

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Speaking of which - it's nearly March and there's only one enrty so far. C'mon people, pull your fingers out!

I submitted one bro, Just waiting for it to get posted. I thought it said it needed to be approved first, not sure. i was quick to change pages after hitting submit. lol. Never do things in a rush, anyhow i contacted MB to see if i made an error posting it.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I submitted one bro, Just waiting for it to get posted. I thought it said it needed to be approved first, not sure. i was quick to change pages after hitting submit. lol. Never do things in a rush, anyhow i contacted MB to see if i made an error posting it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It took a couple of days before mine showed up too.

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011
here's my entry..cropped and ready :)

thecorporation

Task Force 27
Jun 9, 2011
Redacted
What's the last day for submisions? Trying to figure out if I can take some new pictures or if i have to dig back through some old stuff.