Merit's "New" Huey.

The biggest issue with the MH is the civilian skids.

Those aren't civilian skids....I don't know what skids they are but they're not on any of the 15 or so MD500's I've ever flown or the countless others I've seen here in Canada....They look like they're supposed to be high skid gear but the toes do not curl in like the shoes the wicked which of the West wears.

On the PTE version, the divot is supposed to be the fresh air vent as shown in K's pictures. It's the hole. Inside is a flap that rotates open.
The lower circle is supposed to be the landing light.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Those aren't civilian skids....I don't know what skids they are but they're not on any of the 15 or so MD500's I've ever flown or the countless others I've seen here in Canada....They look like they're supposed to be high skid gear but the toes do not curl in like the shoes the wicked which of the West wears.

On the PTE version, the divot is supposed to be the fresh air vent as shown in K's pictures. It's the hole. Inside is a flap that rotates open.
The lower circle is supposed to be the landing light.

I simply called them civvie because they're not like the military ones.

I think they may have based the MD on Italieri's kit...:trollface:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The kit was of the Israeli TOW Defender, but kit companies have been known to screw up details before.

I'm just wondering what possessed Bbi to do a fictional American livery for theirs. *shrugs*