Mi-24 Hind Buyer's Feedback Post

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Hey Guys ,

Since you can not change the title of a post on this forum , I decided to make a buyer's only feedback post.

This is intended for me and the buyer's to converse back and forth to try and bring them the most desirable model that they would want.

First up are the tires . I brought this up and had no responses .

I plan on using actual rubber tires the main tires are 1 -3/4 and the tandome front tires are 1 " in diameter .

I have gotten 2 samples of the main tire one rubber and one foam . The rubber is actually softer than the foam but have Dubro printed in raised letters on the side and are black . The foam are charcoal black and have a more scale like appearance than the rubber but are a little harder. Both have the wrong hub cap but that is easily rectified with new hubcaps that I intend to make .

The 1 inch front tandome tires are black rubber with correct treads but a solid aluminum hub that probably can not be altered.

If you guys have ever checked out pics of a real Hind all of the tires look like they are running a little flat .That is because the tires are low pressure and the Hind is HEAVY !!!!

With the rubber or foam tires being used you will not get this effect .

So...

1. This is not an issue use the rubber tires .
2. This is not an issue use the foam tires .
3. Use a decal or sticker on the outside hubcap nose wheel ( my buddy Lee's idea )
4. This IS an issue make the correct tires in shape and cast them in resin.
5. I do not care just get the Hind out ASAP.

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
I like your idea of #4, I personally display my helos and planes as being on stand by getting ready to take off.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I can hear the Rambo: First Blood Part II theme music.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
There is also another issue .

The side cargo / troop doors scale out to about 68 mm about 2-5/8th of an inch .

That is small my hand measure about 4 inches across across the knuckles . If I build the doors to scale there is no way to get your hand in the to play around .

Again make it to scale or make it to get a figure up in there ?

Today marks the 1 year mark of when this project started !!!

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
This may sound dumb but how many troops will fit in a hind ? I guess I could google it, but I say scale, is there a way to make an access other than the door, like the opposite side open up or swing out ? If not then bigger door I guess.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
8 troops or 4 litters/stretchers. Not that you're gonna get that in there even with the wider doors.