MOBAT repair suggestions?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Our oldest son has a MOBAT that came in that giant 25th set Target had a few years ago. It would seem that instead of using the battery operated movement feature that makes it so cool, he instead just pushed it around by hand one day, so now when you turn it on the wheels roll about one millimeter and stop.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

This pisses me off to no end. :mad: I know he's only eight but DAMIT, I TOLD him how it works and I even warned him NOT to push it by hand and he goes and does it anyway, rendering it completely imobile!:mad::mad::mad:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You're gonna need to tear it apart. Hopefully one of the sprockets isn't completely shot.

Worst case you'll just have to buy an original and use that as a donor.

Heh, i thought only HTers thought the rudimentary movement feature on the MOBAT was anything special.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Our oldest son has a MOBAT that came in that giant 25th set Target had a few years ago. It would seem that instead of using the battery operated movement feature that makes it so cool, he instead just pushed it around by hand one day, so now when you turn it on the wheels roll about one millimeter and stop.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

This pisses me off to no end. :mad: I know he's only eight but DAMIT, I TOLD him how it works and I even warned him NOT to push it by hand and he goes and does it anyway, rendering it completely imobile!:mad::mad::mad:

kids and toys. what will they think of next. ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
awww, too bad i tossed the internals of my donor parts MOBAT out when i made my armored HISS...coulda helped a brutha out!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
You're gonna need to tear it apart. Hopefully one of the sprockets isn't completely shot.

Worst case you'll just have to buy an original and use that as a donor.

Heh, i thought only HTers thought the rudimentary movement feature on the MOBAT was anything special.

It's better than pushing it around by hand and going, "vrooom vrooom!".

kids and toys. what will they think of next. ;)

He can play with it, that's fine, but I explicitly warned him.

awww, too bad i tossed the internals of my donor parts MOBAT out when i made my armored HISS...coulda helped a brutha out!

Which way to the garbage dump?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
It was pretty stupid of me to ask for repair suggestions without opening it up. I can see I'll probably have to rip out the motor and make it free-wheeling.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Thats what I was gonna say but I knew thats not what you wanted to hear. I used to have a Mauler like that.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
It sounds like the motor is shot. I am not sure if it was the gears if you would get any motion. Hold it off the ground and turn on/off repeatedly. if each time it still moves from last position the gears teeth are not broke. If it moves forward slightly only to fall back into original position when turned off, a gear tooth is broke. I have read also that the new Mobat uses an oil rather than a grease like the old one. Maybe the gears are getting stuck with the tension. could try opening and regreasing (with real greese, not oil). If that doesnt work its the motor. Luckilly you could buy one from a hobby shop and replace. This page at the... ughh... HT has pic comparisons of the old and the new opened up. Motor to me looks like a standard RC car motor. http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-j...ultimate-battle-pack-mobat-not-working-6.html

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks Med, I still have yet to open it up. I fix these things only to have them broken over and over. The tread does try to move every time I turn it on, but I can't recall where the wheels fall.

K, yep, you got me there!

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Yeah, once the sprockets are broken, that's it.

Solution?

What K-Man said!