Near Future-troopers and an elven... mage?

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Right to recap:

I'd been postponing my customs for a while since that Elven warrior lass earlier in the year. I blame the lack of chaos black undercoat in the shops locally. But I've been beavering away with the green stuff and taking apart a ton of figures.

One experiment lead to this blue lady. Painted with Citadel colours.

Body, legs, head and wrists are Darth Talon and the arms are Baris Brood. Sculpted the hair and added the soft goods. The Vintage staff is a place holder till I construct something better. Her original colour scheme was red hair, duller skin and silver armor. Looked dull and too much like Mystique. Thus:

Then I come to another love of mine, near future/cyber punk.

These guys are all Iron Grenadier bodies (got a 4th one on the way) with the neck shortened and ball joint replaced with the Tron Legacy Black Guard's ball joint. So the head fits perfectly. Used a Tamyia Field Blue for the armor and vest, it is a sext matt colour.

All I need to do is add decals and suitable weapons.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I generally don't like the whole 'Future Soldier" thing, but I'm really digging what you've done here.

BL4CK5H33P

99 probs - don't be #100
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas City, Missouri (misery)
I just picked up a 30th IG - which is already disassembled & slated for a new custom - I REALLY like the simple head swap (well, shortenin' a neck & replacin' a ball joint isn't always simple...) & the grittier paint apps - cool lookin' concept!!!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Nice work on all of them, I especially like the future soldiers. You pulled that one off without overdoing it. And now I wish I had picked up one of those black guards when they were $1.50, I could use that head right about now on a custom.