New articulation in SW figures?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
So I bought a Quinlon Vos figure and just now opened him. I didn't notice it at first but he has new articulation, the upper legs are connected to the hip like Joe figures! Well, not exactly, Vos has a hinge at that point just like all SW figures have at the shoulder whereas Joe figures have the T-bar that slips into the top of the upper legs.

Now...I don't know if this has been pointed out before, or if it's common knowledge OR if this is the only figure to sport this new feature...BUT, I was happy to see it none the less.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sounds like the hip some of the MU figures have.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Really? Which ones? I hope Hasbro starts using this in place of the T-crotch on SW or the ball swivel on most of the MU figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Really? Which ones? I hope Hasbro starts using this in place of the T-crotch on SW or the ball swivel on most of the MU figures.

Sounds similar to figures like Absorbing Man and the Iron Man II and X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie lines.

Most of the MU figures now use the Joe-style t-bar.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The BJ hips on SE figures has been around for a while now, and has been the same style joint. The first figure to sport it was the VOTC Farmboy Luke. TAC Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan had it as well. Like it was mentioned, some of the CW clones have it too. For me, it adds nothing extra.

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
I swapped the lower arms out with a poc storm shadow. I think it loooks pretty good.