NVA/VC Bunker WIP

JokersWarPig

The Unwashed
Mar 4, 2014
Started working on this today. It's going to be the first part of a two piece dio. The second half is going to be a trail/larger jungle area that lies in front of the bunker. The idea is to have the bunker slightly elevated with a tree and or thick brush on its right and partially covered in vines for camouflage.
I got the idea because of these sticks I found in the reptile section of a pet store. They work pretty good as 1:18 logs. I'm also drawing inspiration from the Hill 875 episode of Combat Zone from the military channel.

The "logs"

The "skeleton" of the bunker and brush in front of it

The amount of space inside the bunker

A tunnel exit/entrance for the bunker. I put together a ladder using pieces from the "logs"

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis

JokersWarPig

The Unwashed
Mar 4, 2014
Progress....bunkers about halfway done. The foliage around it still needs a lot of work. I plan on having both sides of the bunker covered with over growth

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
"You think Charlie care anything about slippery? The only thing he knows is slip your throat!"

JokersWarPig

The Unwashed
Mar 4, 2014
Got the exterior of the bunker finished for the most part, I'm either gonna add some more plants or camo netting to conceal it better. I added the "jungle" to the right side of the bunker but now I need to do it to the left as well. The interior of the bunker needs some detailing and painting. I'm gonna add some crates and an NVA flag pinned to the wall.

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
It looks very cool, but I'd suggest building the "earth" up around the sides and top of the bunker. The VC/NVA built their fortifications into the terrain along natural lines of drift and natural fields of fire. The purposes being camouflage as well as hardening them to direct hits against artillery and airstrikes. Think of it this way, remember the scene in "Platoon" where Barnes sees the bunker but Taylor does not? It was positioned in such a way that the firing port had natural fields of fire into the ravine that required the NVA to cut a minimal amount of brush. It was almost invisible but to the experienced eye.