PTE Blackhawks. Room for improvements?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
My older sister got be two world peace keeper black-hawks off of JCP.com for $12 bucks each for Christmas (Sorry BBTS). They're pretty cool for what she paid for. However I noticed that, although Wild-bill and Lift-ticket fit perfectly in the cockpit, figures that are sitting in the back are going to get thrown around a lot. Does anyone Have any ideas on how to make figures be placed inside the vehicle more securely?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
make a small piece of double sided duct tape, stick it to the backrest part of seat and stick the fig's back to it. This way nothing has to be permenant?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you don't want permanent go with Rick's suggestion. Poster tack or Elmer's school glue will work, too.

If you're more ambitious you can do a harness or backpeg system.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I guess some black sticky tact could work too?

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
Could take the elastic harnesses off BBi backpacks. Make sure you pull the bands out as far as you a can go and cut to maximize harness length.Cut harness into two equal pieces. If ends of harness are tattered cut with exacto knife or use tattered ends to superglue out of visual range for harness. Dab harness with metallic paint to give buckle effect. Do this before gluing and make sure each metallic paint spot is perpendicular to look professional. Just a thought. rds13601

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
You could try to make the PTE UH 60 into the Stealth chopper during the Bin Laden Raid. You can google pictures of what helicopter experts think the stealth chopper looks like. One element is the main rotor top which is a flat disk. I'd suggest the GI Joe ARAH x chopper that came out in 1988. It's main rotor top is disk like. Whether large enough. I don't know? The main rotors are thinner so some cutting and sanding are in order The other is the tail rotor which can be seen in crash in Abbottad. The color for the chopper is grey. I'll let your guy's expertise come up with solutions.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
The color is actually a metallic flat olive drab on the stealth blackhawk. Also, my sister's friend knows a good protion of the guys from the mission and so what he's told me it sounds like it was smaller, atleast in terms of capacity, than the standard blackhawk, making this pte heli a great base for a stealthhawk.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
ok, putting plastic bands around the figures and seats sounds nice, especially for display purposes. That also maybe hard to do due to the small clearance the door has to offer.

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
If you go to www.bigbadtoystore.com you can preorder all of PTE's stuff. The UH-60, The Chinese helicopter. Lots of guys for 60 bucks. Shipment will be in the first quarter of January. Scroll down to the left and find military. Click that. That will give you various military stuff they have. PTE is on the right hand column and click that and you'll see what is available. The SU, The A10, playsets etc. Check it out!!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Or you could do what I did, and order the Blackhawk from JC Penney's for $12.

I'm looking for some ideas for armaments to add to mine once it shows up.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
yeah, that was something that crossed my mind only once since I got the two I have. I noticed that there were these two non-accessible seats right behind the cockpit. I wonder what the point of that was, and weather the interior of the the helicopter could be heavily altered to get rid of those seats and make more room inside of it for a weapons system such as a couple of Vulcans.