PTE vs GI Joe

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think the 1:18 heyday was in 2001-2005? There abouts? I know I got a bunch of BBI Modern stuff on clearance in 2007 or 2008 at Target. That was pretty much the last hurrah.

Sucks, if they'd of timed it better with the 25th launch I bet they both could have prospered.

Not necessarily. I think it has been shown that most Joe collectors just can't handle the scale through various reasons both legitimate and manufactured.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Not necessarily. I think it has been shown that most Joe collectors just can't handle the scale through various reasons both legitimate and manufactured.

The only reasons I could possibly see why people wouldn't get 1/18 vehicles is because they don't have the room for them. If they're like me and missed out on when that stuff when it was blissfully cheap then obviously price would also be an issue.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've heard a lot of "It's not Hasbro" or "it's not a Joe item".

Which would be legitimate if you're strictly a Joe collector. Not so much if you're a line mixer.

And I don't believe space issues from people hoarding Joe stuff.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

the original reason i passed (so regrettably) on the 1:18th stuff was that i was passing on ALL 1:18th vehicles (aside from diecast cars i collected)...i was only getting the vehicle drivers thru trades at HT...then one day, i finally picked up a AWE Striker cause its such a cool little buggy...then a Trouble Bubble, CLAW, Vamp, etc etc...it just got of control...by then, the good stuff was gone from stores...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I've reflecting on what the stores were like back when the 25th stuff was new and on the shelves. With the exception of GI Joe not being on alot of the wal-mart shelves I suppose one could argue that things aren't much different. After the 5 pack sets sold and single figures and vehicles hit the shelves I found myself having to go out of town to find diversity. It was the ROC stuff that kind of spoiled me, finding Pitt commandos, agent helix, desert ambush duke, city strike snake eyes, for five dollars was awesome. Unfortunately I did bother getting all the blue uniform joes because I either didn't like their face (cover girl, breaker) or I already had them (Scarlett, Zartan). I think those Joes would have made been well suited as being navy personal on the Flagg.

Of course all the Neo-vipers, storm shadow repaints, and overproduced destros and baronesses are still warming pegs. They're kind of like cholesterol that has built up in blood veins, preventing the flow of newer and better things.

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
How many times do I have to tell you Edward, keep my penis out of your mouth!

Last edited: