Pursuit of Cobra RECONDO

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011
old reviews that you might to look see :)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I absolutely hate that figure. I bought it, hoping it'd grow on me or I could use him for spare parts if I didn't like him, and well, dammit. Didn't do a thing.

I am thinking maybe using his torso for Metal-Head, but that neck kills me. Also, the skin tone is kinda weird, so it doesn't work to do a headswap.

Of all the figures that needed either an update or an entry into the modern sculpt, Recondo was not one of them. It's one of those figures that should be cool, but I just didn't like it at all. Some parts are nice, but as a whole, he's one of my least-favorite figures ever.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
nice review...i love the greenage in your pics..that little moss type stuff looks great for scale...

as for Recondo, i like the figure and the design...i do NOT however like the colors used on him...his accessories kick butt though

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I absolutely hate that figure. I bought it, hoping it'd grow on me or I could use him for spare parts if I didn't like him, and well, dammit. Didn't do a thing.

I am thinking maybe using his torso for Metal-Head, but that neck kills me. Also, the skin tone is kinda weird, so it doesn't work to do a headswap.

Of all the figures that needed either an update or an entry into the modern sculpt, Recondo was not one of them. It's one of those figures that should be cool, but I just didn't like it at all. Some parts are nice, but as a whole, he's one of my least-favorite figures ever.

You can always send me yours. I've got a Gung-Ho custom begging to be done. :D

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
The only thing about that figure I especially don't like is his neck. It's sculpted in such a weird manner that it forces his head to always be looking down. It's annoying! Every-time I try to make him look up at the beautiful blue sky's he losses his head. All he can do is look down at the ground like an Emo. I get that he's sort of a tracker but when you need to shoot at people with a sniper rifle you need to be able to look forward!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The torso itself has great sculpting. I actually appreciate this under-vest torso's sculpting versus some of the weirder under-sculpts like Beachhead has (or the awful ROC armor), and am still curious how they plan to reuse it (because face it, they will reuse it somewhere), but that neck suffers poorly from "Wolverine" neck, i.e. it's too far hunched forward to be useful for most other heads, including its own.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Excellent sculpt, aside from the neck. If you sand, dremel and/or file on the backside of the neck right below the ball-joint, you can get the head to actually look forward at least. If you want him to look up, you're going to have a funny looking neck in the back unless you sculpt and paint to make it look natural.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
yeah, you can remove some material from the neck AND from the inside of the lower back of the head and get it to be quite normal

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Yeah, had to do the neck mod on him and trip his upper arms so the elbows could get the full bend.