R/C vehicle assiatance

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I know there are some R/C pros around here, and I need some advice.

I've got a son who is turning 10 next month, and he would like an R/C car for his birthday. I have no clue what to buy. What's the best bang-for-the-buck? Brand? Scale? Durability? Battery life?

I don't want to break the bank for something he'll likely destroy (eventually), but I don't want to just get the walmart el cheapo that won't make it around the block. I want something he can have fun with, learn with. Descent starter gear is my goal.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

garrison99

Star Wars Freak
Founder
Jul 23, 2011
A Galaxy Far Far Away
I know there are some R/C pros around here, and I need some advice.

I've got a son who is turning 10 next month, and he would like an R/C car for his birthday. I have no clue what to buy. What's the best bang-for-the-buck? Brand? Scale? Durability? Battery life?

I don't want to break the bank for something he'll likely destroy (eventually), but I don't want to just get the walmart el cheapo that won't make it around the block. I want something he can have fun with, learn with. Descent starter gear is my goal.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Pcs is the man to talk with.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I've only had one RC buggy and that was of the > $100 big box store variety that I made into a Warthog.

The things I do know is you want something that has a good parts supply channel because shit breaks even if you are just running it around the cul-de-sac. If you do not buy a hobbie grade or a clone, then once it is broke, it's garbage. Traxxas and Horizon are two brands that are easy to get parts for. Make sure it has a 2.4ghz radio included.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Here is the one I used which I got on clearance at Target for $65 that year. It was a Tamiya DB02 clone, so I was able to do upgrades and repairs.

Extreme Machines Monster XX

Attachments

• main2.jpg
    main2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 7

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com