Really hasbro?

flint-wo2

Enlisted
Jun 4, 2011
New Zealand
Why does it seem that hasbro is making characters from the Modern Warfare series?

Soap.

G.i.joe trooper.

Ghost.

3 pack Beachhead.

So I wonder if we will get captain price?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I like it!

A Captain Price would be sick!

Those are 2 of the figs that I want most in the upcoming line.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I seem to recal that that's a pretty popular hair style among Leathernecks, so there's that.

The Ghost/BH comparison is a stretch at best.

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I remember seeing customs of the fellas from Army of Two, they were absolutely sick. If Hasbro made figures of these guys, or COD, or Borderlands, I'd buy them quicker than anything I've considered from GI Joe.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Dude, I so want that beachead. I wouldn't mind if they made a Ghost figure either.

Agreed.

That Beachhead figure is awesome.

Love the color, and love the fact that we are seeing American flags on GI Joe figures again.

After the internationalist "Rise of Crap," it is refreshing to see American symbolism making a subtle return.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Seems they are using Modern Warfare as a template to modernize Joe. Not necessarily a bad thing...

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I am ok with this.

And it's not like they haven't taken inspiration from other properties as well. I think they're just trying to give ppl what they want .. in some aspect anyway.

flint-wo2

Enlisted
Jun 4, 2011
New Zealand
I like it!

A Captain Price would be sick!

Those are 2 of the figs that I want most in the upcoming line.
Price would rule.

I seem to recal that that's a pretty popular hair style among Leathernecks, so there's that.

The Ghost/BH comparison is a stretch at best.
3 pack BH legs with the knife removed and Resolute duke body/arms.
I'd rather they base the figures on Modern Warfare than.. than.. Rainbow Brite or whatever the fuck they're thinking about these days.
Agreed.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
3 pack BH legs with the knife removed and Resolute duke body/arms.

Not really. You'd get closer to that Ghost character painting a skull on one of the newer balaclava-wearing Unimax figures. They already have sunglasses on, too. Ghost looks like any number of regular ass operators. Nothing particularly special about his look.

BH isn't all that close.

flint-wo2

Enlisted
Jun 4, 2011
New Zealand
Not really. You'd get closer to that Ghost character painting a skull on one of the newer balaclava-wearing Unimax figures. They already have sunglasses on, too. Ghost looks like any number of regular ass operators. Nothing particularly special about his look.

BH isn't all that close.
Do you have any pics?

My brilliant photoshopping skills.
Head and legs: Retaliation beachhead.
Body/arms: Resolute duke.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Rick's pic

And I've got a set of 21st Century lower legs I could probably get on the Unimax figure that look closer to Ghost's.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
GI Joe is like a weird video game crossover fan-fiction these days. All it needs is the random gay relationships.