Red Ninja... Leader?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA

Dio boards. Something Daremo and I came up with over a year ago, but since then we've refined our building specs, for a current project underway. So these are just sitting around, used for fig shots when needed.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Too nice for those ninja schmucks. Reminds me of something you'd see in L5R from the Scorpion Clan.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Nice. Say, where do get your swords from?

Most of my bladed weapons are scratch-built for the most part, and then there are the few that I mod from factory parts, like this guy's sword. It's a combo of 2 PoC SE handles and the guard/blade from the 25th hard master comic pack.

These 2 swords will be available very soon. I'll let everyone now exactly when.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Still can't wait for those.

Think you should do Kikuchiyo's odachi. ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Good pics are hard to find of that damn thing.

While I have you here, any of the Joe ninjas come with suneate? I know I saw a custom the other day that paired up some armored calves and the Renegades Trooper knee pads that looked good. If I could find some thighs with the billowy look I could start some kind of feudal Japanese-inspired bruiser.

Get some high gloss finish on them and they may look laquered.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Ah... better known to me as "Lord Toranaga", since I've only seen "7 Samurai" once.

As for suneate, nothing really out there. That's why I usually end up having to make my own for any custom where I want more accuracies. The Ret SS has good upper legs for the pants though. At least IMO.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I was thinking those would work. Really don't want to spring for a box set for a set of thighs though. Maybe they'll get reused later down the line, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice. Hey, reckon they'll take a dark blue dye-job?

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I absolutely love this guy!!! I tried to find that comic pack tonight but no luck. I'm going to try another Target tomorrow.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Red ninja leader was firefly wasn't it?

There have been numerous leaders of the Red Ninja in the comics. I think after Storm Shadow (#21) it was Zartan (#84, #85), then some regular Red Ninja guy (#91), then Firefly (#123-#126) in the Marvel series. DDP had Sei-Tin as the leader followed by Snake-Eyes (ARAH Vol 2 #27) who handed it over to T'jbang, won back by Sei-Tin (Master & Apprentice II #2), and finally handed over to Storm Shadow (Master & Apprentice II #4) I think.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
There have been numerous leaders of the Red Ninja in the comics. I think after Storm Shadow (#21) it was Zartan (#84, #85), then some regular Red Ninja guy (#91), then Firefly (#123-#126) in the Marvel series. DDP had Sei-Tin as the leader followed by Snake-Eyes (ARAH Vol 2 #27) who handed it over to T'jbang, won back by Sei-Tin (Master & Apprentice II #2), and finally handed over to Storm Shadow (Master & Apprentice II #4) I think.

What. A. Cluster LOL

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

I don't think they ever claimed a particular character as leader during the ARAH series until maybe later on after I stopped caring (ninja force). I just always assumed former members like SS and Zartan could always get them to do their bidding but never actually were the leaders since it was kind of hinted that they disbanded after the Hard Master's death.

I think the first hint of a specific character being a leader was Slice but I think that was a small band trying to find their place in a world gone Hama mad.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Here's the guys that Giga was referring to.

In issue 21 Storm Shadow is commanding 3 Red Ninja. The first time we're introduced to Storm Shadow and the first appearance of the Red Ninja.

In issue 84 the Red Ninja return under the leadership of Zartan.

In issue 85 Zartan takes the Red Ninja and attacks Storm Shadow and Jinx. Storm Shadow shoots an arrow into the chest of Zartan's Red Ninja driver who later returns to lead the Red Ninja against Storm Shadow.

This is the issue that reveals that the Red Ninja are what's left of the Arashikage Clan once it disbanded after the Hard Master's death.

Later in issue 121 we find Slice and Dice hanging out with the Red Ninja at the Silent Castle from issue 21 fame. As seen in issue 123...

We then find out in issue 124 that the Red Master is the leader of the Red Ninja.

The Red Master turns out to be somebody familiar.

Firefly...

In the DDP ARAH series II issue 27, Sei-Tin is clearly leader of the Red Ninja.

Snake-Eyes has a duel with Sei-Tin breaking the leader's back and gains control of the Red Ninja.

He gives control over to T'jbang and returns to the GI Joe team. Later in the second Master & Apprentice series, Sei-Tin is back. He is defeated again and Snake-Eyes gives control of the Red Ninja to Storm Shadow. The circle once again complete.

There was a storyline in DDP America's Elite (11-12) that had Sei-Tin in it where he had swiched bodies with T'jbang after Snake-Eyes had died and they ressurrected him (The Hand...) but I'm not sure where that fits in and they don't really say what happens to the Red Ninja.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Here's the guys that Giga was referring to.

In issue 21 Storm Shadow is commanding 3 Red Ninja. The first time we're introduced to Storm Shadow and the first appearance of the Red Ninja.

In issue 84 the Red Ninja return under the leadership of Zartan.

In issue 85 Zartan takes the Red Ninja and attacks Storm Shadow and Jinx. Storm Shadow shoots an arrow into the chest of Zartan's Red Ninja driver who later returns to lead the Red Ninja against Storm Shadow.

This is the issue that reveals that the Red Ninja are what's left of the Arashikage Clan once it disbanded after the Hard Master's death.

Later in issue 121 we find Slice and Dice hanging out with the Red Ninja at the Silent Castle from issue 21 fame. As seen in issue 123...

We then find out in issue 124 that the Red Master is the leader of the Red Ninja.

The Red Master turns out to be somebody familiar.

Firefly...

In the DDP ARAH series II issue 27, Sei-Tin is clearly leader of the Red Ninja.

Snake-Eyes has a duel with Sei-Tin breaking the leader's back and gains control of the Red Ninja.

He gives control over to T'jbang and returns to the GI Joe team. Later in the second Master & Apprentice series, Sei-Tin is back. He is defeated again and Snake-Eyes gives control of the Red Ninja to Storm Shadow. The circle once again complete.

There was a storyline in DDP America's Elite (11-12) that had Sei-Tin in it where he had swiched bodies with T'jbang after Snake-Eyes had died and they ressurrected him (The Hand...) but I'm not sure where that fits in and they don't really say what happens to the Red Ninja.

somehow I had forgotten all that :rolleyes:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Daremo. Take these ancient scrolls and hide them. I think I hate the red ninjas now despite Obi's amazing work.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I had seriously forgotten about them. When the 25th line started and the Red Ninja was announced for wave 2 or 3... I had to go research who they were. Of course I also completely forgotten and ignored most of Joe from 93ish-2007 :)

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Daremo. Take these ancient scrolls and hide them. I think I hate the red ninjas now despite Obi's amazing work.

Heh heh :p

I loved the Red Ninja everytime they were featured when I was younger. But now I want to forget about the later issues, lol. If you haven't seen them in the 3rd Marvel yearbook, you're missing out. That is one of my favorite issues and another silent issue too. Scarlett goes to Storm Shadow to help her rescue Snake-Eyes from Dr. Mindbender and the brainwave scanner. Storm Shadow encounters the Red Ninja which leads to a couple cool fights and an awesome escape sequence. It's definitely worth checking out.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think the last time I liked them was the issue where the Red Ninja wore small speaker units so zartan can pick them out with his special bow when he attempted to assassinate storm shadow. I think it had to do with the fact they were carrying mac10s.

It was decent enough for me to ignore the fact that Zartan couldn't have been a ninja since he almost was taken down by Ripcord.