REVIEW: Imaginext Cosmic Chaos Ion Scorpion

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Review of one of the most 80s-tastic toys I've seen in a long while:

That Figures: REVIEW: Imaginext Cosmic Chaos Ion Scorpion

Every time I come to Review an Imaginext toy, I'm impressed. There's a lot of good in this line and it hits a lot of the things I look for in a range of toys, from the highly competitive pricing and great value for money to the innovative play features, fun designs and - in the case of these toys - a big old serving of retro goodness.

The Ion Scorpion does not disappoint.

It looks like a toy taken from the 80s and brought into a modern collection. Scale differences aside, this is pure Masters of the Universe or Micronauts awesomeness. If you like vintage toys, you'll find yourself loving this, as it has the look and feel of the kind of stuff we used to play with as children.

If the retro vibe doesn't do it for you, it's still a fun toy. It may look weird, but that's kind of the point. The designers have done a superb job capturing the feel of a scorpion-inspired alien craft (or biomechanical creature) and the design translates perfectly from paper to plastic. It's also incredibly durable and built to be played with, yet also complex, captivating and a great-looking display toy.

Then there's the fact that it's just $8. You can't even buy a decent action figure for that price, yet here you get a great-looking figure, complete with neat accessories AND a vehicle for him to drive around. And no, I'm not just saying ''it's cheap, so it's good.'' This is one of those rare toys that manages to be affordable and awesome without compromising its quality.

If you're not a collector of Imaginext toys or you've been tempted but have yet to pull the trigger, this is a perfect entry point for the Cosmic Chaos line and illustrates perfectly just how great these toys are. They're fun, packed with retro charm and cool play features, built to last, look great and are super-affordable. Get in on the action now. You can thank me later.

A super retro-style vehicle and figure playset fans of alien toys, Micronauts and Masters of the Universe toys will totally dig.

FULL REVIEW AND MORE PICS:
That Figures: REVIEW: Imaginext Cosmic Chaos Ion Scorpion