Rogue One Stormtrooper

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Anyone have these yet?

Overall, pretty good figure. Some minor bitching though...

No holster
It's been discussed before in various forums. I would love to have it, but not a deal breaker. Kinda... but not really.

Legs
A bit wonky, imo. Hip joint/swivel is ok, but still doesn't work as good as you'd like it to. Somewhat difficult to pose hips, due to upper leg armour jamming into body. Can't get a good closed leg, "at attention" pose either. Close, but not quite.
Also, the ankle portion of lower leg armour is too damn big, or thick. It DOES have a more accurate shape compared to any previous ST's, but way too bulky. Feet really need ankle swivel, imo. That's waaaay too much to ask for though.

Torso is fairly spot on accurate, imo. No complaints. Actually quite impressed by the correct butt plate! Seriously.

Arms
Well done imo, but tread lightly bending and swiveling wrists and hands. Porportions are much better on this guy, which means some slightly smaller parts. Elbow joints are decent, but again... I wouldn't just grab them and bend away.

Helmet/Head
As close to screen accurate as it gets. We all know it comes from 5 poa sculpt, so yeah. I'm just so frickin' happy someone finally got that damn iconic helmet to look like the real thing... and put it on a SA figure.
Head height sits lower than promo figure however, just so you know. Can't get much range up and down.

Attachments

• 20190612_182809.jpg
    20190612_182809.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 20190612_182739.jpg
    20190612_182739.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
how does it compare to Han in Stormtrooper gear?

I have 2 of those and swapped out the han heads for gray marauder balaclava heads...Han version has a holster...

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
how does it compare to Han in Stormtrooper gear?

I have 2 of those and swapped out the han heads for gray marauder balaclava heads...Han version has a holster...

Well... Han trooper ( I have 2 myself) uses older Vintage Collection body, so there's a lot of differences. New trooper is definitley better looking overall with porportions of body parts, crisp detail lines, etc. Like I said, other than the bottom of the lower leg armour being a bit bulky looking, but correct armour design... this figure is a massive improvement accuracy-wise. The lack of holster is an interesting thing actually. Hasbro stated that they didn't include it because it would hinder play value, as in placing figure in or on vehicle. Sure, ok. You can't bend the legs at the hips enough to even get him to sit in anything anyway. The older VC trooper has better range of motion in legs. At the hips at least.

I'd swap older belts onto this one for the holster, but honestly... the new trooper's belt (belt, boxes, can on back) are 10x better looking than the older VC ones. It would look really "off" on the new body, imo.

If you can go without the holster, or figure out a way to put one on the new belt... I'd highly recommend the new and much improved (yet not 100%) trooper. A must have for trooper lovers, like me.

EDIT: One other minor thing. The E-11 rifle. Han trooper has a new one, I believe. SCRATCH THAT... Same gun. Only difference is flashlight on Rogue version and trigger guard is thicker on Han version.

Last edited:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Comparison pics between Rogue One trooper and Han trooper.

Han on right.

Attachments

• 20190613_215606.jpg
    20190613_215606.jpg
    745.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190613_215700.jpg
    20190613_215700.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 20190613_220029.jpg
    20190613_220029.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5