Russian Dropship (Limpet?)

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I waited for this version over the Jango one because the colors look very WWII Russian to me. I'll wash and detail it, toss on some stars, but not sure beyond that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmmm, if certain companies hadn't had a perpetual case of "headuptheirassitis" there'd be a DShK you could mount there instead.....

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
Dude, this is gonna be so sik when your done with it! Can't believe your gonna use the VC Slave 1, I wouldn't have the balls to do it, but that's only because I don't know how to customize.

Pretty sure the Russian's are happy they got this in their arsenal now.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Because that would have been too damn amazing to have gear from the largest side of the war.

You would think the front that actually decided the war in the West would have had both sides represented.

But no, Americans and Germans only from 3 of the 4 companies that did figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is it because of communism? Cause we don't seem to get Chinese either. That wouldn't make sense, give us Nazi's, but not Commies. I think my thought has to be wrong.

They claimed that Reds wouldn't sell. :whatever: We got them in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull line, but they were Hasbro, so the usual caveats applied.

Chinese are fairly easy now, with PTE's ChiComs. You just have to find a source.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
At least I got my Russian Fix from the Indy line. Still wish someday we get another company to do Reds. I could use variety.

PCS's posting of those damn rebel Endor troopers is making me want them now. lol.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Think I have no choice but to rig a sling mount from the door (ceiling when open) and then store the gun on the backpack peg provided for Fett's rocketpack. Any functional hard mount from the floor will block the walk way and if I mount it towards the front, you could only shoot into the wing.

G.I. Zmo

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2011
Some collapsible, retractable arm from the back wall (ceiling, floor, hull, wherever you want)?
For instance, something like the smartguns's in the Aliens.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Some collapsible, retractable arm from the back wall (ceiling, floor, hull, wherever you want)?
For instance, something like the smartguns's in the Aliens.

I considered some sort of arm like that that would plug into the backpack peg on the wall, but it seems overly complicated and would still cut off the only way in and out of the ship. There just isn't much room widthwise.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Or Hasbro could have stopped being sorry-asses and did a proper BSI, with a rear ramp and all that shit.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Or Hasbro could have stopped being sorry-asses and did a proper BSI, with a rear ramp and all that shit.

Yeah, I have been trying to find a way to get the gunner on that back ramp area, but it's impossible without cutting the actual ramp and I'm not willing to sacrifice it. Maybe I'll come to terms with having the ramp hang over a little bit. There is a door molded into the interior and exterior wall if I wanted to get crazy.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
By the way, the Bravo Team .50cals and RB's mg have the exact same peg system for the ammo boxes. Hope you guys picked up some tankers when they were available.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I got a pair with the intention of them going on Wild Bill's Huey, but decided I'd need to find something that replicated a 20mm ammo can that was often used to feed the .50s.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Picked up some naboo pilots from a WM in the country. The figures are so old, they have the 3d glasses on the card. I had to have the. Once I discovered they had helmets with goggles down. Now I'm confused where my othe two came from with goggles on the top of the helmet because the vintage guys come with both.

Single file seats installed: