Savanna dio my 9yo daughter did for school

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
My daughter had to do a "ecosystem" diorama for school. She loves cheetahs so she wanted to a Savanna diorama.

I couldn't do anything for her so I just guided her in how to do make a diorama. We started to run out of time so the paint job was a little rushed but we'll go back and re-do some of that this winter and I can show her some better techniques. She ended up getting a 100 on it.

She had a ton of fun working on it with me so once I get my workshop set back up we'll be making some more.

Attachments

• savanna_dio.jpg
    savanna_dio.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 64

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Very cool! Bet it was a blast watching her work!

Yeah it was a fun project. A little frustrating because I couldn't really help to show her better painting techniques than dipping the brush to the bottom of the paint bottle and globbing it all over the place. But we can work on the more this winter.

She loved it though and has if displayed prominently in her room. AS you can probably tell due to the bright pink wall behind it.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
The stuff they do the most work on by themselves turn out to be the coolest in terms of gratification.

My 10 y.o. son is doing one himself and he's doing pretty much 90% of the work himself. I sooooo want to jump in and do some of the stuff for him but I hold back. I just give him advice and leave it at that.