Skinned bodies (1:18 scale)?

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
hey guys, I was wondering if you might have an ideal how to help me replicate these in 1:18 scale...
Screenshot_20200822-182103_Google.jpg
Neca sells them in the 7" scale, but I'm not sure how to tackle such a small scale. These things are gross as they look! They feel rubbery, which adds to the nasty factor. I actually went one step further and hand painted mine with fake blood and let it dry. The result was very realistic.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Either start with a 1:18 skeleton and work outward (make skin in places) or vice versa and take an existing figure and whittle it away to look like that. If you have a figure you don't like/care about, you could try just shaving it down until you're happy with it and then try repainting it to look like that.

You could start with a figure like this:

Since it's nice and comes apart, and then reverse it into a dead body? You'd get articulation, though not sure if that matters. If NOT.. you could try some 5 POA figure, sure to be cheap.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Either start with a 1:18 skeleton and work outward (make skin in places) or vice versa and take an existing figure and whittle it away to look like that. If you have a figure you don't like/care about, you could try just shaving it down until you're happy with it and then try repainting it to look like that.

You could start with a figure like this:

Since it's nice and comes apart, and then reverse it into a dead body? You'd get articulation, though not sure if that matters. If NOT.. you could try some 5 POA figure, sure to be cheap.

NSA is right there are only 2 ways. Either buy epoch skeletons and get out the green stuff and paint or buy the Neca ones and have them shrunken like some castors due to heads. If you find someone willing to do it, I’ll throw down with you on a couple. I always wanted them for hiya preds. Myself.
I believe the process is called hydro shrink but I’m not 100 percent sure. Any castors want to chime in??

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I agree, I'd like 1:18th versions of this too. There are some casters I'v seen on FB that have shrunken down some of the skulls, I wonder why they haven't done the skinned bodies.