The Commander

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Here's another one of my customs...this one was a collaboration between me&fellow fighting 1:18th member Outbackman. I bounced ideas off him,and he selected or rejected them...personally I'd prefer an armored more scifi looking CC,but this one has the agressive look I like. I still kinda consider him a WIP,I'd like to fix a few minor details,as well as give him a staff. I had a really nice black snake staff,but I can't find it now! lol. I don't even remember how or where I aquired it either? Anyways,here's my CC.

Your not seeing things.....yes,the mask is chromed,and no,that is not a sticker on his chest either:D the metallic parts of his coat have been washed to add depth,and a patina look...didn't translate will in the pics,but in person this figure seriously looks sideshow 12" quality. Although he's not my dream Commander,I'm very proud of the way he turned out,figured I'd share.

***Special thanks to Hisstank Member "Jeffdnrc" for the made to order waterslides***

Link to aquire some for your own customs:1/18 and 1/6 Scale Tattoos (decals) - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe

The Commander is actually part of a 5 figure set! I'll let y'all wonder what the other 4 are for a while,lol. All 5 figures utilize his awesome decals!!

Recepie:

Head:Modified Wave 1 Retaliation Cobra Commander
Legs:Wave 1 Cobra Commander(black variant)
Torso:Modified Wave 1 Dollar General Cobra Commander
Arms:Wave 1 Dollar General a Cobra Commander
Hands:Retaliation Ultimate Cobra Commander

Gear:

Coat: Ice Dagger Loki from Avengers line.
Side Arm:Retaliation Ultimate Cobra Commander

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
It's extremely difficult to trim out with paint..it's so smooth,and slick paint wants to run where I didn't want it to. I'm currently trying to clean it up more. I want to be able to get a close up shot,maybe with that screaming head figure's reflection:D