The CORPS! Rapid Assault Attack Fighter

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014

I have mixed feelings about the Rapid Assault Attack Fighter. On the one hand, it looks good - if you're a fan of GI Joe-esque/Super-Deformed cartoon-y vehicles. But if you're looking for an accurate replica of a real-world vehicle then look elsewhere, as this isn't the toy for you.

So how does it shape-up as a comicbook-influenced super-vehicle? Well, it falls into the fair-to-OK kind of area. There's not really anything particularly wrong with it but it also just doesn't quite have anything to really make it exciting or fun. The play features are limited to an opening canopy cover and detachable missiles but these minor points aside it's very much a solid piece of plastic. Don't get me wrong: it's a nicely designed, well painted piece of plastic but it just lacks that extra element like retractable undercarriage or spring-loaded missiles or... something to really make it exciting or engaging.

Of course, it's aimed at younger fans and I'm sure as a kid I would have spent hours flying this thing around the yard or dangling it from a string out of my bedroom window and for that it's ideal. The construction is - like most CORPS! toys - robust and I could imagine it surviving plenty of such play sessions. It's just that this toy jet is pretty much just a toy jet and not much else.

Still, for the price you really can't go wrong and if you're looking for a cheap, robust jet fighter for a younger collector or you just want to add an extra, cheap vehicle to your collection then you could do worse than to pick up the Rapid Assault Attack Fighter.

It's a plastic toy jet that costs $6. And that pretty much says it all either way.

FULL REVIEW AND IMAGES HERE:

THAT FIGURES: The CORPS! Rapid Assault Attack Fighter

Last edited: