The Deployed 1:18th

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Okay, so I had to do this silly "Flat Stanley" project for a cousin's kid, and while sort of annoying to do, it was partially fun.

Anyways, long story short, it's sort of like the Amelie/Traveling Gnome concept. A figure that gets mailed around gets photographed and sent to the next person, and each person sends their photographs to the originator.

So I was thinking, would this be stupid, or something fun that some of you willing guys would like to do:

Each member customizes a figure of himself, photographs it, and sends the custom along to the next customizer on the list, who then adds their own figure to the platoon, photographs a dio scene, and then mails that along, keeping this thing going until folks get tired or stop participating. At any point, a member could ask to have his figure returned to himself but essentially we'd keep a semi-coherent "pass along" game going, with an ever-evolving dio story and a "special missions team" made up of 1:18th versions of ourselves that has rotating membership. It could be silly, etc. But a fun way to tie together all our various dio-storytellers and customizers.

Here's the catch: I can't start it yet because I don't have a "self-custom" but one is in the works, I just need the motivation to finish it. This could also get folks to do their own custom figures, and would make some sort of fun, engaging site event that we could participate in.

We also have a small enough crowd that this could be kept going, I believe. Anyways, would anyone want to "start" the mission?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well I would have to make a self custom too. I'd totally be down once I could get one done but I have a feeling that if Eddie gets in on this we are all screwed. Literally! :eek:

Great concept MR. I think you should make a time line to get the ball rolling. Give everyone at least 30 days to work on something.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, I don't think it would be some fast thing. Just added to over time. Or maybe a funnier thing would be to make a custom of the person you're sending it to? I dunno. We can get some feedback and then I'll set up some rules and a thread to showcase the ongoing story...

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
There is potential. I like it because it could be an ongoing story too with adaptations from person to person. It's kind of like the custom fodder box but way cooler.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I like this idea, too!

Original thoughts like these are always a welcome surprise.

I know that Tomcat has a 1:6 version of himself in motion, also!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I came up with a similar idea before the crash

Yeah, it's not exactly an original idea on my part. Just something I thought would be cool, based off other similar things I've seen. I was familiar with the custom fodder thing over at HT, but hadn't seen anything else over here.

Mind to share your thoughts on how it could be handled or how you envisioned seeing it work?

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
I recently picked up (I forget his name and he's packed up) one of Thor's buddies for a self custon. His head is pretty close.

Anyway, what about what's her name? The "mascot" my girl made? It could start with her maybe.

loadedtomcat

Magnificent Bastard
Mar 18, 2011
Well, mine's ready to go. It's nothing more than a headswap but I'm not that great at customization

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i'm gona have to come back to this...its 80 degrees here and i'm getting rushed out the door to "enjoy the weather"

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
Probably use this.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I came up with a similar idea before the crash

i rememeber that...it seemed simpler, which i liked...one fig, potentially a Chuckles body, gets set around and photographed where he ends up, maybe on vaction or whatever, we post the pics here, then send him on...

i need a 25th Bazooka to make me. Anybody have one?

i have a torso...i think

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think first off, we just need to get folks interested in making self-customs, then I guess someone kicks this sucker off... Seems like there's enough interest though to get at least 5-10 members into it as it is?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i have one of me already...its older, but it works...a dull coat wouldnt hurt...also wish i had that Stathem head you pointed out MR

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
I need to pick up a movie Thor for an alternate head for before I donated my hair, I may end up using the arms as well so I may be able to send those your way as well

bigdaddyblue73

Drunken Recon
Mar 15, 2011
I need to pick up a movie Thor for an alternate head for before I donated my hair, I may end up using the arms as well so I may be able to send those your way as well

Actually all I would need is the head. I have a torso and arms and legs that will do fine.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
The only thing I'm really trying to aquire more of right now are the John Connor terminator heads with the hat and bandana. Going to use those to make a Merc/Cobra squad of PMC's
but no worries Bro its something that would just sit in my fodder box forever without use