The Shadow Knows........

Kambei

Enlisted
Nov 28, 2012
First up, credit has to go to Darko on JoeCustoms who showed me the way on this. I have made two previous attempts at The Shadow, but I have not been overly happy with either one. When I saw Darko's custom, I liked the torso and arms, but immediately thought of a different head and legs. I was originally going to go with the Indiana jones fedora again, then I was going through my fodder heads and found a spare Lee Scoresby head. I managed to get the hat off and it fit the Lanard head perfectly, all I had to do was sculpt some hair and the scarf over his mouth. I chose the ORCAS head because of the shape of the nose. Fits the cover art from the original pulps:

Hat: Golden Compass Lee Scoresby
Head: Lanard CORPS! ORCAS scuba diver
Torso/Arms: GI Joe Renegades Cobra Commander
Legs: GI Joe Rise of Cobra Cobra Commander
Guns: Marauder
Scarf/Cape: softgoods

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Disney doesn't own the property rights to The Shadow do they? I guess they don't because they would have tried to make it a 3 hour long reboot movie starring Armand Hammer that would have bombed real hard at the box office by now.

Kambei

Enlisted
Nov 28, 2012
As far as I know, Conde Nast still own the book rights. The double-novel reprints are going strong and are being published by Sanctum Books who also publish Doc Savage, The Avenger, The Spider and The Whisperer. Altus Press are publishing new and older 'new' Doc Savage stories by Will Murray inder the pen name Lester Dent. There is a rumour that the next Murray novel may be a team up between Doc Savage and The Shadow.

Not sure about film rights, I think that Sam Raimi might have it still.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Sam Raimi?! The Evil Dead Spider-Man guy?