Thor head makes a decent Rock 'N Roll

JMM82

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
I got this idea off of several pictures I saw on JoeDios, so I decided to give it a try.

I went up to Wal Mart today and bought one of the new Thor figures and came home to make a head swap. I never have really liked the 25th Anniversary head of Rock 'N Roll, and I wanted a modern, updated version of the Joes' premier machine gunner.

It's not a simple head swap, though, like we're used to with our Joe and Cobra figures. It took a little while of twisting the head and then cutting it off at the neck and diligently pulling the ball joint thingy that keeps the head attached to the neck with my needlenose pliers.

My Thor/Rock 'N Roll head is attached to a Jungle Assault Ripcord body (with the neck painted caucasion), and wearing 'Resolute' Duke's green MOLLE tactical vest. The end result, IMHO, looks pretty decent. It'll have to do until or if a 30th Anniversary edition of him is released.

I am not computer savvy, so I am not able to post a picture of the end result, but if you go over to JoeDios and search through their pages, you should be able to see quite a few pics of the Thor head used as Rock 'N Roll.

Last edited:

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
If you boil and pop the head it should save the neck ball from having to be cut.
As for uploaiding pix if its in a reply when you go to the lil text box if you hit go advanced and scroll down a lil there is an option for manage attachments. When you click that in the pop up box click browse and you can search through your photos on your comp and upload it