True Heroes Amphibious Vehicle?

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I'm looking into purchasing it for customizing reasons, and because I love these types of vehicles. I already know its going to need a ton of work, but does anyone own one and would post some pictures of it? either a customized version or a comparison photo shoeing the size of it Compared to Joes?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, give me a sec.

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I thought he was referring to the other Amphibious vehicle. You know, the one based on a real design that the Marine corps use. What's it called, the amphibious assault vehicle?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
yeah, that thing. I heard Robert Gates cancelled the E.F.V project that was going to replace it in 2015.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
yeah, that thing. I heard Robert Gates cancelled the E.F.V project that was going to replace it in 2015.

yep, that got shit-canned, despite being one of the best advances in AAV designs in... well since the AAVPT-7, really.

Seriously, the old AMTRACs are showing their age. And were completely mis-used in Iraq. Basically tried to use them as Bradley fighting vehicles... which they were never designed to be.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
yep, that got shit-canned, despite being one of the best advances in AAV designs in... well since the AAVPT-7, really.

Seriously, the old AMTRACs are showing their age. And were completely mis-used in Iraq. Basically tried to use them as Bradley fighting vehicles... which they were never designed to be.

I know right? I have no idea what the Sec. of Defense was thinking when he scrapped the E.F.V. It's like the thought "hey, this vehicle is 3 times faster, has way more protective armor, and has way more fire power! BETTER SCRAP IT!" went through his mind. :wtf:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Budget cost might be the ultimate culprit, or at least an excuse. The only other reason I can think of for not going through with the project is coastal anti-ship missiles.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
those reasons, and the fact the Corps has not, in the past 10 years of war, had to do an amphib landing... Think that the Generals just got a little short sighted with this one. Almost guarantee in the next 10 years we'll have a need for the EFV

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
We will probably have to invade the fuck out of Iran someday. That place has plenty of coastal areas worthy of an amphibious assault. Maybe the government will change its mind on the EFV in the future. As it is today I got agree with Midget, the cancellation is indeed a short sighted decision.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I think the other thing that doomed the EFV was that it wasn't mine resistant. No V-Shaped hull. They tried a redesign of the hull but it became overweight, causing the speed and payloads to go down and costs go up dramatically.

I heard they are using some of the tech developed from the EFV for possible future vehicles. Poor Marines, they get the shit end of the stick when it comes to new equipment.