U.S. may soon have real HISS

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
maybe attach a pair of tracks to one of these with some new pannel work??

Doesn't this have a turret on top just like the Ripcord?

Attachments

• P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 15

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Old news. Call me when it can survive the military grade hardware it's gonna see in combat service.

H.I.S.S. haters aren't gonna eat crow because these guys have a similar track configuration. Even if this did see actual use it still wouldn't change the facts that H.I.S.Ses are useless plastic bricks.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Call me when it can survive the military grade hardware it's gonna see in combat service.

I was thinking that during that montage of them assembling the tank. While the frame looked pretty sturdy, I'm wondering if the plating could handle anything more powerful than small caliber rounds...

It is a cool little vehicle, though.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wondering if it's just a crude skin, just so they could see it work.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They tested one (I think it was the Armadillo-size one they were trying to sell to police departments as an entry vehicle) up to .50 BMG, but that's small change compared to RPG warheads, missiles and IEDs that will kill MBTs 10 times heavier and protected.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I wondering if it's just a crude skin, just so they could see it work.

I would think that would negate the whole "can it float" or "can it navigate in muddy rivers without getting stuck" trials if you then changed the plating to a heavier material.

So this is an ongoing TV show, then? I never heard of it. A bunch of guys build tanks for military and law enforcement applications with out-of-pocket expenses???

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're trying to get a government contract. I think they'd be better suited in the recreational market. It hasn't been on for a while. Not sure if/when a new season is gonna happen.

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
Would not survive an IED. The Marines had a faster Amtrak then the present one that was like a speed boat with it's bowplane. It had a gun turret. Could carry 18 Marines. It was made by General Dynamics. It was armored to take RPG fire. The problem was it wasn't V shaped. This made it vulnerable to IEDS and the Pentagon under Robert Gates canceled the program. Problem is making a v shaped amtrak that's armored,floats, diperses water fast, can have engine that makes it move fast and carry many soldiers.

Marine_Deadpool

Enlisted
Jun 3, 2011
That'd be fun to tear up some trails and beachsurf... but that's about it. Unless the treads are made out of some indestructible lightweight material and IED proof, we won't be seeing it on the battlefield in our life times! Definitely not up to par with the Corps amphibious standards.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
While it looks pretty cool, that .50 cal on top looks weak...granted that's probably one of the few guns they could actually get, but still...