Vehicles inside aircraft

ReallyMe

Enlisted
Nov 4, 2012
Hi All,

I have a bunch of aircraft, some of which might be able to haul vehicles larger than motorbikes. These aircraft include the Toys R Us True Heroes C-130, and the True Heroes (highly irregular but fun) CH-47. Now, in a moment of silly ambition, I planned to fill my C-130 with Bravo Team modern paratroopers, but I wonder if I could fit any vehicles inside it. The same goes for the True Heroes CH-47. Any fun/cool recommendations?

The True Heroes CH-47 has a key attribute: its entire interior is usable space. The interior cargo bay extends right to the wall of the cockpit. No space is inexplicably sealed off for electronics or just poor access. This is why the World Peacekeepers Chinese-style IFV bugs me: it appears to have little access to the interior. The C-130 is almost as good in this respect. So has anyone done anything cool with these?

For reasons I don't even fully understand, I'd fight zombies hand-to-hand for a 1:18 three-engine HH53 Stallion with usable space and no silly electronic sounds. I got loads of 1:18 troops who need a proper lift to battle.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I believe the original gijoe vamp fits inside both the sea knight and hercules

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Im not 100% sure, I will have to go home to verify, but I don't think the Vamp can fit in the Herc. If I remember right the Armadillo can barely squeak thru the rear cargo door.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
The PTE Chenowth fast-attack vehicle fits inside the TRU Sea Knight with a little forward room to spare, but you'll need to fold up that little step on the back of the buggy.

Haven't tried it with my Hercules yet, but I don't think it'll fit.

ReallyMe

Enlisted
Nov 4, 2012
The PTE Chenowth fast-attack vehicle fits inside the TRU Sea Knight with a little forward room to spare, but you'll need to fold up that little step on the back of the buggy.

Haven't tried it with my Hercules yet, but I don't think it'll fit.

My goodness - that looks AMAZING! I have to
(a) get that buggy
(b) learn how to paint
(c) paint the biggy and the helicopter.

Thank you.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
OK tried it last night in my Herc....
Vamp...no way
AweStriker....No way
Chenoworth...nope
Armadillo....barely, without anyone in it

If the Herc were about 1.5" wider and door opening about 1.5" taller we would be MUCH better off.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
OK tried it last night in my Herc....
Vamp...no way
AweStriker....No way
Chenoworth...nope
Armadillo....barely, without anyone in it

If the Herc were about 1.5" wider and door opening about 1.5" taller we would be MUCH better off.

Good to know, didn't realize it was that small

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I think the cylindrical shape does it no justice nor does the smallish rear door. Maybe some crazy skilled customizer might be able to stretch it out but not this kid. =)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think pallets of supply crates would be an interesting cargo option.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Maybe the silver mirage cycle, ram cycle, or snarler may work? I didn't think of those. Maybe the old towed howitzer? Don't have one so I couldn't tell you.
Devilfish maybe?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You may get a HAL in there. Probably 1 or 2 Polar Battle Bears or Rockslides.

What about a FANG, anyone try one of those?

Last edited:

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
KT,
I don't have any Fangs but they look kinda tall for the ramp. It is barely tall enough for the armadillo, which I think is much shorter in height than the Fang.