Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
So this week I'm going to save you an arm, and a leg....literally. You'll get one free set of arms, and legs for every order of $20 or more. Any order over $20 gets 1 free set of arms AND 1 free set of legs. The set of arms, and set of legs are of your choosing, and so is the color as always.

:grumpy: You've gotta stop this soon, man, I can't afford to keep dropping all this money with you. :trollface:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
:grumpy: You've gotta stop this soon, man, I can't afford to keep dropping all this money with you. :trollface:

I gotta keep the funds rolling in, and I was talking with my wife the other day about how something was going to cost an arm, and a leg, and all of a sudden I was just like THAT'S IT!!!!, My wife said what's it? I said that's next week's special SAVE an arm, and a leg. She was like you come up with sale ideas in the weirdest ways.:lmao:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This is replacing all of the daily specials, right? Or is this in addition to?

In addition to. It only replaces the Freebie Friday Everyday I was running last week. The dailies stay in place, and I just switch out the week long special every Sunday. Still trying to decide what to do for my next seasonal special. I mean I have a Santa head, and hat, and the baby, but I'm sure there's other stuff I can do.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Don't forget guys today is Torso Tuesday, so $20 gets you a free torso, and with the "Save an arm, and a leg" promotion at $20 you get a set of arms, and a set of legs. You just need to buy the head $4 (average), hands $3 (average), feet $6.50 (average), and one other accessory for $6.50, or more to get to $20. So today you can build yourself a full custom figure kit for $20. Don't forget though that the Torso Tuesday promotion doesn't include the mix, and match torso option.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Call me crazy, but I've enjoyed seeing the combinations that you guys have been putting together with this "save an arm and a leg" deal in conjunction w/ the Torso Tuesday deal so much that I'm extending Torso Tuesday to combine w/ Weapons Wednesday. So starting at 12am est Wednesday morning any order of $20 or more will be getting a free weapon or tool for the Weapons Wednesday deal, free torso for the extended Torso Tuesday deal, AND a free set of arms, and legs for the "save an arm, and a leg" deal. You guys have been putting together some REALLY cool builds, it's been VERY interesting. So you can expect the "save, and arm, and a leg" deal to return again some week in the future. Keep coming up w/ combinations guys, and don't forget that if you get up to $30 you get yet another free weapon or tool thanks to the RvsB challenge promotion.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Agh, you're killing me here. I want to place multiple orders on several different days now to take advantage of all the freebies!

CaliViper

Enlisted
Oct 22, 2014
For Male Torso 11, it would be nice to get these legs:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I'm tapped right now on toys...bought a retarded amount of figures online over the last week...your killing me man!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I'm tapped right now on toys...bought a retarded amount of figures online over the last week...your killing me man!

Agh, you're killing me here. I want to place multiple orders on several different days now to take advantage of all the freebies!

No kidding.

Am I an evil mastermind, or just a good businessman?

For Male Torso 11, it would be nice to get these legs:

I know that I've seen those around some where on either one of my Snake Eyes, or Storm shadow figures.

Foggy I'm looking forward to your package. I'm sure it'll be full of all sorts of goodies.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Is this torso in the shop? I'd like to make female cobra troopers

Not quite yet buddy. Contraband is getting a package ready for me right now including that little beauty. In the mean time I'm going to be working on getting the rest of the heads, and the last 4, or 5 torsos that I bought from stocos into the store. Not to mention a rather BOSS size figure kit that was designed by my buddy Thorodinson. I'm going to try to have him in the store in the next few days to a week. once I get the molds made I'll need to R&D them, and make sure he come out right every time, and then he'll be added to the store.

CaliViper

Enlisted
Oct 22, 2014
Not quite yet buddy. Contraband is getting a package ready for me right now including that little beauty. In the mean time I'm going to be working on getting the rest of the heads, and the last 4, or 5 torsos that I bought from stocos into the store. Not to mention a rather BOSS size figure kit that was designed by my buddy Thorodinson. I'm going to try to have him in the store in the next few days to a week. once I get the molds made I'll need to R&D them, and make sure he come out right every time, and then he'll be added to the store.

Are you still looking to get a 3D printer? I've been thinking about donating to the cause on that one.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Anyone has anything in particular they want to see in the store, as far as existing parts go, let me know. I have just about everything at this point.

I'm not at home or I'd give a list of what I've already set aside.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Are you still looking to get a 3D printer? I've been thinking about donating to the cause on that one.

Oh I'm definitely getting one, but the one I'm looking at getting doesn't come out until February, or April of next year. It has a resolution of 50 microns. That's twice as detailed as the Makerbot Replicator at 100 microns, and that is their top of the line.

Anyone has anything in particular they want to see in the store, as far as existing parts go, let me know. I have just about everything at this point.

Looking forward to seeing what all you send.

Do you have any parts to do a custom of an Anonymous (OWS) protester? Or, could you cast parts?
You mean a head like these?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Suppose such a head could be sculpted, or perhaps such a mask could be sculpted.

So this is 3XL Thursday so you get 3 items of your choice with any order of $30 or more, but you also get the "Save an arm, and a leg" deal for this week. So for $30 you get the items you ordered plus up to $30 in free items, plus a free set of arms, and legs, plus a free weapon or tool up to $10 under the RvsB challenge promotion, So for $30 you get about $88 worth of stuff.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You'd be better off finding the 7" figure NECA did and shrinking it, though perhaps someone could sculpt it in-scale.

How does one go about getting all this free stuff? Add it to the "Comments" section of the order form? I'd like to know for future reference.

A set of Elsa Schneider arms would be excellent for a version of this look sans coat:

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The knees and thighs, yeah.

I'd pop the set off of my Elsa and send them if I wasn't 99% sure that cutting the joint was part of the process.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Leave it to you to find one of the things I don't have. :grumpy:

I was going to send the RoC Destro legs in; I know you have some interest in those.

SDCC, or regular? I have a set of the SDCC Destro parts already pulled apart just need to get them in.

The knees and thighs, yeah.

I'd pop the set off of my Elsa and send them if I wasn't 99% sure that cutting the joint was part of the process.

Is she an Indiana Jones figure? I might have her. Is she the one that had the fake Holy Grail?

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
There was a Narnia Knight that had a similar helmet to the Guy Fawkes mask. He had a full beard on the mask part, so it'd need to be sanded and resculpted and he had an attached helmet, so that'd have to be either taken off or modified to look like a Hat.

anyway of converting her upper legs to work with Joe bodies? Like marrying them to some Baroness or Scarlett hip sockets?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It would be easier to sculpt a set of Joe female thighs into jodhpurs and then cast those.

gaaway

Enlisted
May 14, 2011
Suppose such a head could be sculpted, or perhaps such a mask could be sculpted.

So this is 3XL Thursday so you get 3 items of your choice with any order of $30 or more, but you also get the "Save an arm, and a leg" deal for this week. So for $30 you get the items you ordered plus up to $30 in free items, plus a free set of arms, and legs, plus a free weapon or tool up to $10 under the RvsB challenge promotion, So for $30 you get about $88 worth of stuff.

How does the 3XL Thursday work? I am in the store now & I have ordered $30 worth of items.

What is the next step to get the freebies?

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
In addition to the Anon heads and anon customs, I am looking at the bodies of the ARAH Chun Li and the custom parts side by side, trying to figure out how I want to do her legs and arms. I am thinking of having her barefoot, but with the same arm padding pictured on the ARAH figure in a prior post I made in this thread on page 51. Do you cast arm pads similar to the ones the ARAH fig has?

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
In addition to the Anon heads and anon customs, I am looking at the bodies of the ARAH Chun Li and the custom parts side by side, trying to figure out how I want to do her legs and arms. I am thinking of having her barefoot, but with the same arm padding pictured on the ARAH figure in a prior post I made in this thread on page 51. Do you cast arm pads similar to the ones the ARAH fig has?

No, sorry I don't have any arm pads

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I'm going to shut the site down for today. I need to reset the Halloween items back to their rightful places, and prices. I'll have it back up on Monday morning. I might reopen sooner if I get it done earlier.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Never mind, just finished it up. I thought that it would take longer. I've replaced the Halloween Spooktacular category w/ Seasaonal, and I put the Santa head, and hat I have in there.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, so the Halloween Spooktacular just ended, and did the R&D phase for the military figure kits. So I've been sitting here racking my brain as to what I can do next. I like to try to stay a couple months ahead of major holiday events for you guys so yo can be ready w/ gifts, or customs to enter the contest with. So since I'm sure some of you guys might want to do for some of your loved ones like I did for my wife for her Anniversary/Christmas present last, and give your loved ones custom figures of themselves during the month of November (WE 11-1 through WE 11-29) I'm lowering the build a figure kits prices by $10 to $35 across the board (The Furball kits are not included as I doubt any of your friends, and family look like that), and the $20 suited figures will go down to $15.

Remember that this is only for the month of November so as to hopefully give you guys time to get the customs done before Christmas.

I know I'm a couple of weeks behind right now, but once the materials that I need come in I'll be getting those orders knocked out. I've started on WE 10-11, and have a few orders for WE 10-4 left all of which need the soft items ie capes, coats, hats, web gear. So once the material comes in hopefully tomorrow if the UPS driver that brings it tomorrow isn't too lazy to get out of his truck, I'll get started on the soft items for WE 10-4/10-11 knocking both weeks' soft items out at the same time.

Last edited: