where are the file cards and stands for the figs

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Does it count as a necro post if the thread is still on the first page?

I like the 25th stands. Or rather, I like the idea of them. The foot peg placement is terrible. As far as the names go, customizing them is easy as pie (especially if you have access to labels and a printer at work, otherwise ink/toner gets expensive quick printing a mostly black page). And yes, my entire ragtag Cobra army is at parade rest. Well, most of them:

(old photo is old. and dusty.)

If anyone wants to unload some stands, I'll bite. Though IMO they're barely worth the shipping cost.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Lol thanks. I gave up on dusting because it was fighting a losing battle. Witness Alternators Ravage:

When I moved last summer, I spent HOURS cleaning each figure, trying to get as much dust off as I could. Ironically, the hardest things to clean were the stands.

The risers are scrap wood after cutting the shelf planks to fit. They're slightly deeper than a stand and either 3/4" or 1" tall. Unfortunately I never got a replacement display going, since I wanted it to be behind glass (if not sealed) and wider than it is tall. Detolfs are a relative bargain, but the bottom two shelves are useless for display IMO. Plus the shelves are too deep and too tall for Joes unless you spend more for risers and such. The scrap wood thing won't work because the display gets too dark.

tl;dr I'm picky.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
For the longest time I didn't take care of it. Those shelves were along the wall behind my bed, like so:

To get to most of it, I had to kneel or stand on the bed. And then when I dusted, it... got on the bed.
I tried one of those canister data vacs, but the suction end didn't do jack (and not to mention dangerous with accessories) and the blower end... holy CRAP what a mess. It did de-beard MP Starscream though.

The final solution was emptying the room, and having a floor to dust onto, and a regular vac to clean the floor. Then the finer stuff was cleaned via microfiber cloths. And if I had known of these 10 years ago, it probably would not have gotten that bad. Those things are friggin magic. Anyway, nothing was the worse for wear thankfully:

Joes are all packed away.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Damn, that's a lot of Binalternators. I think I only have the main US versions (what is that, 27?), none of the Japanese ones, and a few doubles.

Thinking about getting rid of about half of 'em. They're still boxed, for the most part.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
That's all of the US versions, and I *think* all of the Japanese alternate color schemes (not counting Smokescreen number variations). I had boxes for them all until I started running out of space... 5-6 Alternator boxes in one tub times however many tubs, or ALL of the toys themselves in one tub? It hurt breaking that pack-rat mentality (not to mention I probably could have gotten a few bucks for some of the rarer boxes) but I couldn't continue that way. My only regret was a buddy of mine needed a Swerve box, and I didn't know about it until I had chucked them. I was going to go dumpster-diving for him after work, but it fucking rained.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Thanks!
too bad only one exists at the moment.

I don't really get Swerve either other than he was short packed. Otherwise, anonymous red 'Vette with Tracks's missing hood sticker.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ah, didn't realize he was short-packed. Back when I was originally getting these guys, I skipped him because I had no idea who he was and couldn't figure out the pricing. Rather obscure character to remake into a neo-retro line, ain't he?

I wound up getting a second one in a lot years later to replace my originals, and got all 27 US figures complete MISB for about $1000. Which was about $40/per, which was cheaper than the going rate on any of them at the time, and was easier to get all the ones I wanted for less in the long run. A GIJCC FSS if you will! But I did wind up with a few extras since I'd already started buying replacements the week prior on Craigslist, but it was still cheaper than buying individually. Still, I got Swerve for roughly $40. Otherwise, I'd never own him.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
As for stands and filecards, I talked with Derryl at Joecon about it, as I myself miss them. He said Filecards will come back. In the past, they had focus testing with kids and they all just threw the packages aside and didn't care about the filecards. For the stands, they said it was similar, some used them, most ditched them, so they got rid of them. They said they might come back, but not sure.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
I did try an air purifier for a bit, but it was a bit like bailing out the Titanic with a teacup.

There were a few random-ass repaints in the Binalt lines. Swerve, Battle Ravage, Rollbar, Ricochet... just kind of pulling names out of a hat.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
As for stands and filecards, I talked with Derryl at Joecon about it, as I myself miss them. He said Filecards will come back. In the past, they had focus testing with kids and they all just threw the packages aside and didn't care about the filecards. For the stands, they said it was similar, some used them, most ditched them, so they got rid of them. They said they might come back, but not sure.

Good stuff!