would you buy a joe scale space shuttle?

would you buy it

• Yes, I'd love to have one for my collection

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • no, too large for my collection

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • no, my stuff doesn't need to explore space

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • yes, but only if it looked proportionally correct, but fits 1/18 figures

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • if it went on sale I'd buy it

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • If it's not 1:18 f#$k it

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Can you imagine what it would cost, though? The orbiter alone would be over 6 feet long and 4 feet wide.

True, but it sure as hell would be an amazing display piece.

So many amazing scientific research projects and developments came courtesy of our use of the shuttle.

Heck, even films like "Armageddon" and "Moonraker" wouldn't have been the same without the use of the Space Shuttle.

Am a huge fan!

And I got just the place for it. :D

Oh? And where is that!?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
True, but it sure as hell would be an amazing display piece.

So many amazing scientific research projects and developments came courtesy of our use of the shuttle.

Sure, but that doesn't mean NASA astronauts make for cool action figures.

But whatever, it's Dragon so it'll be maybe a line of mediocerly articulated figures that will last one or two waves at most then fade into obscurity.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Someone on here made a 1:18 (more or less) one of those with a full interior. Pretty damn cool.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Play Nerf with the neighborhood kids and bring this bad boy out of the garage when you suddenly find yourself out numbered. lol

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
That 1/20th APC model looks pretty damn cool. 200 isn't a bad price for it either. I've paid around that for much, much smaller models. Granted, they were imported from Japan/England, so... But a very cool kit.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
The UD-4L was designed after looking at several earlier aircraft as reference. The F-4 Phantom AH-64 Apache and the AH-1 Cobra were among those used.

Movie facts:

APC was built using a airport tug.

The UD-4L was built using spare aircraft parts.

bar

Enlisted
Jun 10, 2011
Glenrothes, Scotland
Hmmm. What a project that would be.
My Brother just got married, and his new Father In Law is the Head of the Propulsion Engineering dept at NASA. It was the job of his department to make sure the Shuttle got into space...(He gave me a set of coins that contain metal that has been in space... See below).
I bet he could hook me up with good reference, lol. Like the blueprints, hahaha(Just kidding, he would never do that, lol).
1/32 would be doable though. And could still fit joes. I reckon it could be done as a vacform.
I'd have to check and see if the platens that my vacform supplier have go up to that size.

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
I'd would love an entire series of NASA space craft from the x-2 to x-15 and complete space fleet which would include Mercury, Gemini and Apollo plus the Space Shuttle with launch crawler The Apollo would have the the command modual and lunar modual. The Lunar modual would be inside and fold out. A Lunar dune buggy would be offered separetly. The Space Shuttle would have detachable Hydrogen tank and solid rocket boosters. All Mercury, Gemini and Apollo capsules would detach from their rockets and have opening cockpits. All would come with astronauts from the different series with rocket or sold separate. Maybe just the capsules and CM and LM themselves?