would you buy a joe scale space shuttle?

would you buy it

• Yes, I'd love to have one for my collection

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • no, too large for my collection

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • no, my stuff doesn't need to explore space

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • yes, but only if it looked proportionally correct, but fits 1/18 figures

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • if it went on sale I'd buy it

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • If it's not 1:18 f#$k it

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I was just watching a cool vid of the space shuttle, and it got me thinking how much I'd love to have one for my collection. Now keep in mind I said joe scale. I said that as I have a kit of the suttle in 1/72(yes, 1/72) and it is about 2 feet long. The space shuttle is huge, so I would think it'd only be an option at like 1/32, making it like 4 feet long. I don't think any of us could actually have a true 1/18 space shuttle, due to both the size and cost, and I think 1/32 would really be pushing the limit for most of us. So if, say Hasbro, made a joe scale space shuttle(maybe call it the defiant or crusader MK.2), would you buy one if it was in the $150 range? Also, if it had decal options for both the defiant and crusader sa well as all the real space shuttles.

Me personally, I would. I'd hosetly probably get 2, as they could be displayed vertically, therefore taking up less space. I'd probably convert one to a russian space shuttle. With that said, I most likely wouldn't buy it if it looked unproportional. it'd atleast have to be on par with the skystriker in terms of proportions.

Last edited:

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
forgot to add "if it's not 1/18 I don't want it" but can't edit the pol. Anybody know how?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You've got a complete Star Brigade set, don't you?

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
yeah, no.

this is what Hasbro would do to it. not what WE would want, but what THEY think we want.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I dunno, i quite like Cobra Blackstar.

Don't think I'd buy a ME version, but I'm proud to own the original.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
You've got a complete Star Brigade set, don't you?

Around 1992 is my stopping point, with only a few select figures from earlier years, then I skip back up to 1997, I'm not a neon ray gun kinda guy. I have countdown(who makes a good u2/yf-12/sr-71 pilot when painted correctly), hartop, payload, a 1997 astronaught and am trying to get a few 2005 comic pack flash figures, as he is a very good representation of an astronaught.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I figured it like this:

You're in space, fighting a war across the stars with Cobra and some douchebag race of alien cocksuckers. Shit happens, and now you're floating around and the rescue crews can get to you because your suit is hi-vis. :D

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I figured it like this:

You're in space, fighting a war across the stars with Cobra and some douchebag race of alien cocksuckers. Shit happens, and now you're floating around and the rescue crews can get to you because your suit is hi-vis. :D

I personally wouldn't imagine space battles, I would only think of exploration type stuff. Thats why I'm not into the star brigade stuff, too much like star wars...

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
i spent a few years of my childhood on the flight line of a air force base and when everyone else was covering their ears i would just stand there and let the rumble of the jets surge through me.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
i spent a few years of my childhood on the flight line of a air force base and when everyone else was covering their ears i would just stand there and let the rumble of the jets surge through me.

I'm pretty much the same way. Aviation is just in my blood. My dads a pilot and so I was raised around planes, and even flew a few corporate jets(A gulfstream 3 and a hawker) when I was little(I mean REALLY little) and then like 5 years ago a monster pitts and a christen eagle that my dads friend owned(the pitts was F-ing amazing!!!), and in a few years I am joining the air force.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I think it would be awesome to see but I voted no cuz I wouldn't buy one. However that doesn't mean that I don't want to see one made.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Star Brigade has the best B.A.T or should I say B.A.A.T. ever! Yeah, I said it. *ducks behind something*

I would buy one but, Only if it goes with the Defiant.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
While the defiant was a neat toy, I never felt that my team full of desert, arctic, and jungle rangers had any business in space. And in my fictional world, cobra is not exactly going to be sending teams into space either. They might send up a satellite with some malicious intent, but I didn't think my rag-tag terrorists were going to attempt to conquer mars. Space just didn't fit my notion of Joe's jurisdiction or area of expertise.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
You get everything in the deal. An aircraft that doubles both as a spacecraft and a heavily armed VTOL dropship equipt with its very own armored (APC) transport with guns. Not to mention a small personal command center within the APC stationed up front by the driver. Throw in a few marines and you've got yourself a small army worthy enough to have its very own dio.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
An accurate 1:18 scale homage to one of the world's most advanced technological wonders would be extraordinary.

I would definitely buy one.