WTF was I smoking when I bought this?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, well, we'll see if it turns out even half way like I want.

And for all the work this is going to take, you'd think I'd be turning it into something more interesting than just a civilian aircraft.

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
I take great comfort in knowing that NONE of the local Walmarts carried anything 21st Century (outside of the same four Zero's and funky colored MiG's at every location) or Target with BBI (none at all) so eBay prices are the FIRST time I'm seeing most of this in 1/18 outside of Bravo Team's later releases, which I usually find cheaper than new, even MIB.

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
I take great comfort in knowing that NONE of the local Walmarts carried anything 21st Century (outside of the same four Zero's and funky colored MiG's at every location) or Target with BBI (none at all) so eBay prices are the FIRST time I'm seeing most of this in 1/18 outside of Bravo Team's later releases, which I usually find cheaper than new, even MIB.

I've made my peace with it, BTW I dig the pic of Animal Mother in your signature. KILL!!!

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
I haven't been around in awhile, but Animal Mother was always my favorite part of Full Metal Jacket. Gunny Hartman just taught me how to properly swear.

My favorite quote is when Eightball is saving Joker from having his teeth kicked in:

Eightball said:
Now you might not believe it, but under fire Animal Mother is one of the... finest human beings in the world. All he needs is somebody to throw hand grenades at him the rest of his life.

...that's me.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You finish that Mike model Little Bird?

Oh, NSA, send me the MMS first!

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I actually picked up one up for cheap from another collector down here getting out of the hobby .

I think I paid $20 out of box.

It is now just sitting on the shelf out in the studio languishing on a shelf.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
See pickel that's why I don't like you...rubbing it in for all of us schmoes that missed out.

; )

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I didn't pay much more than that MiB SchmuckCatToys, but deals are few and far between anymore.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
See pickel that's why I don't like you...rubbing it in for all of us schmoes that missed out.

; )

Well ..... What really is sad is ALL of those Huey Cobras on the shelf ( M-113's as well ) at Walmart reduced to $15 stacked to the ceiling that I passed on.

I kind of dislike myself for NOT GETTING ANY OF THEM.

To this day I still do not have a Cobra .:shakefist:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You aren't missing anything on the AH-1W. It's definitely a shelf queen, to be kept far from cats, humans of a clumsy nature and stiff breezes. I know some people fool themselves about it being great. Popycock, says I. Really wish it had been Bbi that make it.

Don't think the UH-1Cs ever showed up here, but I'm near capacity on those, and the 113s were those lousy R/C variants.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I passed on all of it because at the time I was hung up on the GI joe brand when I was buying for my kids...now they play with the True Heroes stuff more than the Joe brand crap...

Lesson leaned.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, had BBI stayed in the market and made more stuff (A-10 at the top of the list), life as a 1:18 collector would be much more glorious. I wonder if things would have been different had they made it to Walmart rather than just TRU and then Target. Ah, what could have been...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fewer QC-based returns, but I can't say they would have faired terribly better than 21st.

While there's more stuff I wish I had I'm pretty happy to have what I do. My Joes roll in style, not in those faggoty tinker toy vehicles.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
ever order something online while drunk or buzzed? I have. .. no regrets.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No, but I've known others.

pretty sure we'd all be in better shape if NSA had done more drunk ordering during the Monkey Depot days. :D