WW2 vehicles/playsets

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
This ain't a wishlist for Hiya to produce (but it wouldn't hurt if it would be), just a thread for fun to talk about WW2 vehicles/playsets you'd want to complement your WW2 Hiya figs.

Here's mine.

1. Headquarters - Not as big/detailed as the 1983 GIJoe HQ, something similar to True Heroes Army Military Headquarters Base would do as long as it looks WW2-ish.
2. Defensive structure - Something like a small fortification sandbag sentry post where you can mount the weapons onto the sandbags to enhance its defensive position. Comes with 3 swappable weapons, namely a heavy machine gun, an anti-tank and anti-air artillery.
3. Main battle tank - It could be Panzer IV, Panther or Tiger. As long as it's the main workhorse of the (insert nation) army.
4. Light vehicle - It could be a half-track or armored car. Whichever's widely used and produced for the entire war
5. Scout vehicle - It could be a kubelwagen, schwimmwagen, jeep, motorcycle with sidecar...anything fast and small.

So what about you guys?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
3-5 already exist. I could definitely go for a motorcycle, though.

2 would require a small "vehicle" (Germany didn't employ crew-served heavy machine guns). Something like a 2cm FlaK 30 or 38, 2.8 cm sPzB 41 or a 3.7cm PaK 36.

1, I'm sure someone would want it. Can't say I'm entirely interested.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Where can I buy a Panzer IV with a good price?

You missed the boat years ago for getting one at a "good" price. Like pickel said, try your luck on eBay. Price will be dictated by variant, but they seem on average to be ending under $100.

Last edited:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of the IJ german bikes.

I would love a landing craft, Although I prefer something that could hold a vehicle.

I love the headquarters idea too, or general WW2 era european buildings that could be added togeather to form bigger sets.

pvtmilhouse

The Unwashed
Apr 7, 2013
The Miatso (sp) Harley is a good addition. It has the holster and markings. Unfortunately it's moulded in a gloss finish. Panzer IV's are going for about 100.00 US before shipping. I totally scooped one in a auction a couple of weeks ago, dumb luck on a search. I'm sure there are two guys wringing their hands at me. Someone was liquidating a collection and they dumped 3 at once. PZ IV's are pretty rare, if you want it you have to roll up your sleeves and don't tell the wife!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of the IJ german bikes.

Got something to swap?

And since this a thread about pipe dreams, as any future WWII stuff is likely to be rehashes, and even if there is a new mold it won't be anything deemed "unsafe":

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
An aircraft for this line?!

That's hardcore, I'm already losing space with my Joes...I'll surely lose more space with those.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not snark, and totally serious question, but do you not know what's available in 1:18 for WWII?

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
I know there are vehicles and Normandy playsets that were made by 21st Century Extreme Detail but because of the rarity, the price is out of the question

There are some figures, vehicles and aircraft as well from BBI but because of the rarity, the price is out of the question

I have the complete set of Germans and Americans as well as a 1/18 Sherman tank from Bravo Team Forces of Valor, I'm considering buying a Tiger I found on the net for $38.99 since the my Hiya Toys Jerries already arrived home.

I know my my wishlist already exists but can anyone point me to the right direction where I can buy a 21st Century Extreme Detail Normandy playset, Panzer IV and Kubelwagen with regular prices?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's all secondary market stuff. You're 13 years too late to find any of that at a "regular" price.

Either resign yourself to the fact that this stuff isn't gonna be cheap again, or stick to G.I. Joes. *shrugs*

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
That's all secondary market stuff. You're 13 years too late to find any of that at a "regular" price.
Yeah I know. That's the reason why I'm such a fanboy of Hiya Toys to produce more WW2 stuff, to get WW2 stuff at "regular" price. Yeah, "regular" prices at retail, not cheap/clearance prices by the way.

Either resign yourself to the fact that this stuff isn't gonna be cheap again
Yes I already did. Those stuff that already existed ain't gonna be cheap again not unless a new company would produce it again, you see where I'm getting at?

, or stick to G.I. Joes. *shrugs*
No, I gave up GIjoe for this line. I've always been interested with WW2 and sadly I'm 13 years to late to find WW2 stuff at a "regular" price. This company gives me a bit of a hope that I can still get WW2 stuff at a "regular" price.

Are you feeling a bit uneasy because I'm not craving for WWI stuff?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I long ago came to grips with the fact that 1:18 WWI was never going to happen. How you feel about the subject is immaterial to how I feel about it.

I can understand your excitement about Hiya, but you have to understand that even if they do produce a tank, it's not going to be $35 or $40. Would I love to see vehicles at that price point? Sure, but I've been in this niche long enough to know there's no way in hell it's going to happen given the cost of raw materials, Chinese production rates and the fact that the only way to get them here is fucking BBTS.

But maybe Hiya has some kind of 6 Demon Bag that allows them to do detailed, properly-scaled vehicles that also allows them to sell them sub-$90 bucks. Only time will tell. *shrugs*

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
I can understand your excitement about Hiya, but you have to understand that even if they do produce a tank, it's not going to be $35 or $40.
No, I'm not expecting a Hiya tank to cost $35 or $40 but for a small company that started a line just months ago, I don't think they're gonna put a price that would drive consumers away.

You seriously think they're gonna put a secondary market price range if ever they produce a Panzer IV? Don't you think that's a bad move if they wanna sell and appeal to consumers?

I understand the message you're telling me that if Hiya would produce this or that, it ain't gonna be cheap, but you also have to understand that if you're running a business and you want your product to sell and keep loyal customers, your price must not scare them away.

And personally, I don't buy stuff from secondary market/scalpers/hoarders/evilbay. It only encourages them that their business is good and makes them feel like a god to dictate ridiculous price with their supply-and-demand excuse.

So while I'm smoking with Puff, the magic dragon, I think I want also want a Führerbunker playset as big as the 1983 GIJoe HQ.

But maybe Hiya has some kind of 6 Demon Bag that allows them to do detailed, properly-scaled vehicles that also allows them to sell them sub-$90 bucks. Only time will tell. *shrugs*
I'd even pay $100 if Hiya would make a detailed, properly-scaled Tiger I "Red 222" with a tank commander figure that greatly resembles Michael Witmann.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
JSI's rerelease of 21st's Panther, a mold that had been paid for years ago, cost $70-$80 dollars. Explain to me how Hiya is gonna go from design to retail, starting completely from scratch, and not MSRP it that high out of sheer necessity? Bbi's Bf-109 currently runs $85-$90. That's RETAIL. The Merit Dauntless is running $142-$195 RETAIL. All I'm trying to do is get you to do is temper your expectations.

It's entirely possible the vehicles (should they happen at all) will be Unimax-like in their quality, which it could be possible to see $50-$60 armor.

As an aside, SmallJoes has that Panther on sale for $45. You might want to give that some serious thought.....

Kaboomskie

Enlisted
Nov 6, 2013
If this line sells and they want to make more money, then yes, it is a sheer necessity.

For a small company, I'm only expecting Unimax quality. I'm not that stoned to expect that Hiya can make BBI quality with Chap Mei price range.

I'm considering buying a Unimax Tiger at smalljoes.com but it can wait.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
If this line sells and they want to make more money, then yes, it is a sheer necessity.

For a small company, I'm only expecting Unimax quality. I'm not that stoned to expect that Hiya can make BBI quality with Chap Mei price range.

I'm considering buying a Unimax Tiger at smalljoes.com but it can wait.

If you wait they will run out then you will have to pay inflated prices.

This has happed time and again.

If you can afford it now buy it now.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Oh, The Dicker Max How I want you... Along With a Tiger (P).

Like KT says Pipe dream. Unless Pickel does one but, there so obscure. Is it even worth doing.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
That clown car M113 BBI is releasing has got me thinking. I want a Bren carrier and Desert Rats, just like in that level in Call of Duty 2.