2014 East Coast Custom Con

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
EDIT too bad it doesn't look like this -

If somebody would cast the BBI Apache armaments you could.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If somebody would cast the BBI Apache armaments you could.

Yup. Might go with the M200's off the 21st Century Huey, though. The winglet's aren't quite right so there may not be clearance on the inboard hardpoints.

Depending on which Bbi' Hawk you use there's more mods required, but it's not like doing UH-1C-to-N conversion.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Yup. Might go with the M200's off the 21st Century Huey, though. The winglet's aren't quite right so there may not be clearance on the inboard hardpoints.

Depending on which Bbi' Hawk you use there's more mods required, but it's not like doing UH-1C-to-N conversion.

I have the Blackhawk with the fuel pylons and both Apache armaments would fit on the existing mounts with some modding. It would still need a radome and fuel boom.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I have the Blackhawk with the fuel pylons and both Apache armaments would fit on the existing mounts with some modding. It would still need a radome and fuel boom.

You need to move the support braces from the bottom of the hard point up into the hardpoint/winglet joint. Sure, you could tack something on as-is if you didn't mind it hanging low and looking like shit.

I still need a PAVE Hawk, btw. Anyone??? :lmao:

It's a Blackhawk with a PAVE paint job.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was only speaking to the PAVE being a UH-60A repaint. The MH is a different, if half-assed, animal.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011

this is like the one I have...

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Any details on the MW game? I've been playing Black Ops 2 lately and its getting me psyched up to start working on those customs again.

The game is based on MW3 Survival Mode. You (up to 4 players) will have to survive waves of increasingly difficult forces. C4 dogs, claymores, Juggernauts (bitch!), and attack helo's to name a few. (waves will not be indefinite, obviously)

There will be armory crates which will allow players to purchase weapons, explosives, and air support. Yes! ~air support~ 130 gunship anyone? Ohhh... I can't wait for that one to get played.

Anyone wishing to play the game, may create a custom figure for their player character. Be advised however - players figure will start the game with pre-selected starting weapon. Whatever gear you put on your custom is OK, since it doesn't play a true part in the gameplay. (Players can also create a player at the Con, if they choose. That's a given to me, but thought I'd throw it in)

If we have any survivors/winners, the spoils of war go to the victors! (prizes :D)

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
No doubt really looking forward to this one. Assuming we can setup lots of photo ops when we aren't playing?

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I might have to open up my Zombie Vipers...have about 16 hanging on a rack in the basement.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Got all the pieces glued back onto the Digler MATV along with Daremo's 50 Cal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
working on some props...

Jersey barriers

made a mattress for a room...gonna dirty it up and add some stains.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
More stuff...going to start making some more Jersey barriers...have enough for 36 total. going to make 9 more clean ones and then have 18 with damage. Then start on some telephone / electric poles.

After that it's trees - gotta order the lichen and the foliage from the same place Digler ordered his from.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
You guys want/need this?

After I figure out how to make a cast of a good tire, I could send it out to Daremo or someone else who's going to take with them. It's not finished, but has a nice rusty start to it.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I talked it over with Obi and we're going to have a crash course in molding and casting this year. Anybody who is present on Friday morning will be able to add a head, helmet, or a small accessory to the mold. Then once the mold is cured (24 hrs.) we'll use it to cast the items on Saturday afternoon and have some cast parts Saturday night.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I talked it over with Obi and we're going to have a crash course in molding and casting this year. Anybody who is present on Friday morning will be able to add a head, helmet, or a small accessory to the mold. Then once the mold is cured (24 hrs.) we'll use it to cast the items on Saturday afternoon and have some cast parts Saturday night.

:salute:

:thumbsup:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011

I'm totally casting my wang.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I passed the Humvee off to Daremo today. Hope you guys give it a nice special home in on the game board/diorama.

While we were talking, I showed him these two custom vehicles I got years ago in a trade.

I've been meaning to customize them back to a tan color, and asked what he thought and if I finish them in time he can bring them to the con for the game. Any input on color scheme? Let me know and I'll do my best.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Leave 'em, you'll need to use them as OpFor for all the tan guys. While you'll occasionally see a piece of green equipment, we went to tan fleet-wide many years ago. Now, if you're not opposed to say "fuck this endless wars in the sandbox color scheme" I'd like to see them in pre-Desert Storm green CARC. NATO tricolor is cool, and if you really want to A: give yourself fits and B: piss off all the idiots that think woodland BDUs in shades of grey is urban camouflage and do Berlin Brigade pattern.

Last edited: