anybody know of this new true heroes plane?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Coz Chap Mei just don't give a fuck!

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I'll use mine as a long range 4 engine version of the c-27 spartan. all is good :)

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
looks like its a spooky version in the pics, I see the things hanging out the left side, look like guns

<-----

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like the muzzle of a shotgun.

Hope MMI's SK Omega stuff isn't this uninspired.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
yeah, it's undersized and crappy that the cargo hold can't hold a vamp but....it will make an awesome gunship custom. Gonna hafta find me some of these things.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Off topic kinda but...

TRUE FUCKING HEROES gets a modernized HMMWV and an EOD suit-wearing fucker??!!

I hate this hobby.

Somebody is going to have to see if they can get the gun turret on that crap Humvee off and see if it can fit on any of the PTE Humvees.

Also, I'd rather get the True Heroes Osprey, just so my Para-vipers will have leg room.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, i was wondering if that MG turret would work on a Unimax M1A2.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
to me it looks like a fat construction worker you always see working on highways

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hey, beggars cannae choosers!

The head at least is a good start. Just gotta find Joe parts to mate it up to.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
All i know is if i parked that even next to a PTE AH-6 it would look fucking ridiculous.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
All i know is if i parked that even next to a PTE AH-6 it would look fucking ridiculous.

thats why you use the handle to hang it from the ceiling with. I keep on laughing that they used radials instead of turboprop engines.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
so did anybody else catch that they put radials on this instead of turbroprop enignes. Makes me wish they use two engines instead so I could make a dc-3/c-47

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
so it's official, this site hates this toy. I wouldn't mind it for my GI Joe collection, but it's just doesn't have the carrying capacity. One of those True Heroes Chinooks would be better suited.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I wouldn't say hate. Not impressed maybe? It's an interesting plane and it's nice to see someone making something like that around the Hasbro price of a jet but it would require a bit of work to be functionable for something most of the people here would want to use it for.

I think it's a great concept but I'm not dropping $40 on it when it can barely fit a RAM cycle in it. It's an awesome kids toy. It has a decent amount of playability and would keep a brat occupied for a while flying it around.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I'd love to see pics next to real 1:18th scale stuff.. put it next to the JSI F-14 for example.. meh.

I wanted to believe.. but it just isn't working out for me. It's far too small to even have figure STAND UP in the exit bay.. that's kind of pushing it, regardless of realism.

Like Eddie said.. this would be great for Matchbox or 1:144 scale stuff.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I wouldn't say hate. Not impressed maybe? It's an interesting plane and it's nice to see someone making something like that around the Hasbro price of a jet but it would require a bit of work to be functionable for something most of the people here would want to use it for.

I think it's a great concept but I'm not dropping $40 on it when it can barely fit a RAM cycle in it. It's an awesome kids toy. It has a decent amount of playability and would keep a brat occupied for a while flying it around.
I've never been impressed with any Chap Mei vehicles. Maybe that Moray looking boat but nothing else.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
You could use it as a proto scaled down one for a smaller radar signature or some such crap. Maybe the door is smaller because they are using the Resolute jet packs and need to go out more streamlined then vertical

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
If someone wants to drop the $40 and convert this into something 'real world' useful let me know. I'm not sure what planes exist in that size-frame, but with some work I bet you could use it for something.

p-3c orion and c-27 sparans would put this to a good use ;)