[Contest] Custom Games

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The rules explain though not in extreme detail. Create a new figure, that has not been seen anywhere else, and in one of the custom sections, post at least 3 pictures of the figure, a name or codename, and a short bio. The thread needs to be titled "YOURNAMEHERE'S Custom Games Entry".

Yes, it's a complete SDCC set.

This^^

Rules and prizes are in the first post

CrotchKnockerX

Cobra Tinkerer
Sep 7, 2013
Jacksonville Florida USA
gota question,
Can we/I post our/my "alternate" in the thread *Custom Games Entry* first?
Guess what I'm asking, don't have my entry figure ready but I have my alternate complete. Can I post it first? If I can even post the alternate in the thread.
thanxs......"God I want to win me some boosters!" Jet would be nice too....

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
That's fine. Each figure needs it's own thread so...

Post a thread with *user's name Custom Games Alternate Entry*

Then when your official entry is ready: Post a thread with *user's name Custom Games Entry*

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
Cool...I'm in the same boat...I just have to paint the head on my alternate and he is finished...if it gets chosen it more like a bye for whoever goes up against it, but its good for a laugh.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hopefully everything will work out and we'll get a even number of entries. If we don't, I'll randomly select alternates until the bracket is filled.

TheVP

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2013
I got mine finished just need to take some good pictures and send them up...is it against the rules if I have the character reveal his bio in a short dio comic? Either way i'm good, I just had a funny idea I wanted to do.

Also once an entry is posted here first can I post it on OG13, SL? Or do I need to wait until the contest is over. It could drum up more interest. Either way though I'm still good.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I got mine finished just need to take some good pictures and send them up...is it against the rules if I have the character reveal his bio in a short dio comic? Either way i'm good, I just had a funny idea I wanted to do.

Also once an entry is posted here first can I post it on OG13, SL? Or do I need to wait until the contest is over. It could drum up more interest. Either way though I'm still good.

A short Dio comic is definitely acceptable. Still do a quick written bio too please. It can be really short if you wish. Post the dio comic in the following post or whatever in the thread.

As for posting it at other sites, that is definitely allowed. The first viewing of the custom must be here though.

Great Questions!

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
I'm working on one for sure and another on the back-burner if time permits.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
No real benefit per say, except the critiques. Pick your favorite and a second one, Use your favorite as your Official guaranteed entry and post your second as an Alternate entry.

6. You may only enter 1 figure for the contest

6a. We need a even amount of entries for the bracket to work. You may submit a second entry to be considered a "alternate". If alternates are needed, they will be selected at random.

CrotchKnockerX

Cobra Tinkerer
Sep 7, 2013
Jacksonville Florida USA
yeah, I knew I could only do 1 entry. I just was pondering, hate to set the bar, not saying I will.
I would just hate to give someone an incentive to do a better job on theirs.
Also would not want to wait and do an entry that already exist!

As far as picking who Im going to enter, I also have "certain" samurai I may enter. Maybe Ill flip a coin. Guess we can't have to many samurais in the fight! Might have to change the name of this contest to the "Samurai Showdown"

letal

I Went Todash
May 8, 2013
Brazil
Great contest guys... but I am a little confused... :)

The voting is for the best custom, not for the best/better armed fighter right?

I mean... suppose I did a Jack Sparrow custom ... give him a sword and a pistol, and he enters a fight with a Sith Lord with a light-saber ... my entry should be judged by how cool it looks, not by his hability to win the "real world" fight, right? ...

and sorry if it's too silly or obvious a question ... but I like to play for the win.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com

I mean... suppose I did a Jack Sparrow custom ... give him a sword and a pistol, and he enters a fight with a Sith Lord with a light-saber ... my entry should be judged by how cool it looks, not by his hability to win the "real world" fight, right? ...

and sorry if it's too silly or obvious a question ... but I like to play for the win.

Its tough to call how people will vote. The most important thing to think about is it is a public vote. I for one will be taking the bio and ability into consideration as well as the custom when I vote. But like I said, not everyone will vote that way.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Shouldn't it be a new custom .. made for this contest?

Technically he is. Well, technically, it's a custom that I was just working on, and then asked if he would work for this contest and was told yes. I happened to be working on him over the weekend at the F1:18 custom con, and asked Daremo if I could enter him into the Kumite live contest he was having, and he allowed it (I think because there was only 5 other entries). So technically, he was being made just in general, and then made for THIS contest, but I entered him in that contest as a spur of the moment thing. If Monkeywrench wants to DQ him for this contest, that's fine.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL

The hope is that people will base their votes on both the custom, AND the accompanying bio.

letal

I Went Todash
May 8, 2013
Brazil
The hope is that people will base their votes on both the custom, AND the accompanying bio.

That's what I think is fair too ... what I didn't want to see is people voting JUST because the character in the duel is more powerful and would win the fight ...

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
That's what I think is fair too ... what I didn't want to see is people voting JUST because the character in the duel is more powerful and would win the fight ...

Well, unfortunately, we can't force people to look at the whole picture when voting. We want them to take the bio into consideration, but there'd be no way to prevent them from just having their friends vote them through, either. Hopefully, the majority of members on the site that will vote, though, will take everything into account before voting.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I guess I've been working on my custom the wrong way. I've been working on something more for a "battle" like Daremo's Bukkakke thing... I guess I'll rework mine.