Dark of the Moon

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
There's modernized and then there's Bayformers, which are indistinguishable masses of scrap metal.

Yes, and like Eddie, I honestly have no idea who is who during the big battle sequences in the Bay films. Someone once posted some jokes about that, about how he got confused and didn't know who to cheer for in the final battle sequence of Transformers I.

I don't even mind the hodgepodge (multifaceted) style of the new Xfrmers. It's when they try to humanize them (old man, ghetto tard twins, etc.) by making them "resemble" their characters, as well as sound/act like them, that gets really annoying.

Yes, I was disappointed with Bay's treatment of Skyfire and the Skids/Mudflap pair. I tried to like those characters, but it could have been worse. At least the Transformers films are somewhat watchable, as I turned ROC off after about 20 minutes.

Well, they've been doing it since G1, that's not a unique Bayformer trait.

Scatman Crothers will always be Jazz, Frank Welker will always be Megatron and Casey Kasem will always be Cliffjumper in my eyes. Bay can change things around all he wants, but it won't ever be the solid, developed characters that the Marvel/Sunbow/Hasbro team brought forward in the 80s.

yup...

when i can't tell one from the other, or if i'm looking at the front or back of a robot, you're doing something wrong

Agreed. I honestly didn't know who was who either.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
why?...these just look awful...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Jolt17/news/?a=38767

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I read somewhere, probably www.toplessrobot.com, that Bay shoe-horned the scene of the military guys jumping out of the V-22 with the "batwing" parachute things- simply because he saw a documentary on it and "it looked cool". I'm fairly certain he has the directoral mindset of a 10 year-old. Which I guess is convinent, since that's supposedly who the toys cater to... but still. Including something in a movie "because it looks cool" would be ok- but it doesn't make sense. Those batwing things are ridiculous.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Well, that's at least impressive.

Still don't know why humans are the centerpiece of the Transformers movies though. Those movies definitly are not about the robots.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
they're almost hardly about robots...more like aliens...

i know i know, the TFs are aliens, but they almost seem nothing like robots...

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Stop splitting hairs Eddie! :)

Whatever they are, they aren't the focus of the movie, was my point. Despite the movie's title indicating otherwise.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
same goes for the toon...stupid humans always getting in the way to create drama...F*@# the humans!!!...i wanna see a half hour or 2hrs worth of robot bada$$edness

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Looks like it's living up to expectations.

WEDNESDAY PM/THURSDAY AM, 6TH UPDATE: The Fourth Of July fireworks are already beginning at the box office. Paramount's Transformers 3 lit up 2011's biggest North American opening day, even though it's Wednesday, beating fellow 3D film Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 which had the year's highest gross on a Friday. The Michael Bay 3D actioner hit $37.7M Wednesday, which included the $8M from midnight screenings. Adding in Tuesday's pre-midnight 3D sneaks of $5.5M, the cume is now $43.2M. Paramount itself had put the range possible between $35M-$40M. IMAX accounted for $3.3M on 146 domestic sites and $1.7M internationally on 89 sites for a total $5.1M (including Tuesday and Wednesday cumes). Pirates 4 set the 2011 record by opening to $34.8M including midnight shows.

Surprisingly considering the mixed reviews, audiences gave the pic an 'A' CinemaScore. Exit polling showed that 62% Males gave it an 'A-' and 38% Females an 'A', while 55% under age 25 gave it an 'A' and 45% over 25 an 'A-'

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Nope. It's well balanced, has a great story and the action is slowed way down in most spots so you can see exactly what is happening. The Autobots have that old 80's feel to them and show emotion, making you care. The climax battle is implausible, but I honestly didn't mind this time because the rest of it works well and carries you thru. Some annoying parts are brought back, but in perfect doses. So much carnage and death. Female lead is smokin hot and does an excellent job thru 90% of the movie. Only one scene did her acting seem off, but hey, she's an underwear model and did well enough to be in more shows.

Can't wait to see it over and over again.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Leader Ironhide is an abortion of a Transformer. That's what I get for an impulse buy. :(

Looks like I'll be tearing the ridiculous kibble off his arms and never letting him change into that shitty ass truck again. Atleast his botmode looks badass sans the entire side of the truck hanging off his forearms.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Leader Ironhide is an abortion of a Transformer. That's what I get for an impulse buy. :(

Looks like I'll be tearing the ridiculous kibble off his arms and never letting him change into that shitty ass truck again. Atleast his botmode looks badass sans the entire side of the truck hanging off his forearms.

Dammit, I was really looking forward to getting this guy! Oh well I only display them in bot mode so no bigger I hope. Here is to looking forward to HA Soundwave.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Just need to pull 2 pins to remove the kibble on his arms for a great looking bot, but his transformation is weak and the truck is pathetic. Sad since his previous Voyager figs were functional in both modes.

SlayerDave

Enlisted
Jun 27, 2011
Loved the movie, I think the humans were so involved cuz it happens on our planet. I didnt mind the human interaction at all, was cool. Really got a joe/trans crossover vibe to it, minus the joes...lol.

All in all it was cool and I will see it again for sure. My 4 year old, loved it and that to me, made the movie.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Loved the movie, I think the humans were so involved cuz it happens on our planet. i did ot mind the human interaction at all, was cool. really got a joe/trans crossover vibe to it, sends the joes...lol.

All in all it was cool and i will see it again for sure. My 4 year old, loved it and that to me, made the movie.

Exactly. The humans were well balanced and the team is what Joe should have been.

Here's some more pics of Ironhide:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Minus arm kibble:

I've tried, but i just don't "get" Transformers.

Yeah, i know, they're robots that transform into vehicles, but it's usually either a great Altform or vehicle form, but never BOTH. Then there's the inability for them to interact with Joes believably, save for Arcee and the other motorcycle-based 'bots.

Iron Hide looks like he should have a bunch of Power Rangers in him. :frowns:.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I've tried, but i just don't "get" Transformers.

Yeah, i know, they're robots that transform into vehicles, but it's usually either a great Altform or vehicle form, but never BOTH. Then there's the inability for them to interact with Joes believably, save for Arcee and the other motorcycle-based 'bots.

Iron Hide looks like he should have a bunch of Power Rangers in him. :frowns:.

It's a robot geek love thing. Nothing more, nothing less. Tends to be the same who love mechs.

Ironhide is almost the right size for Joes:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Weren't the Binaltech TFs in that range?

Of course, the line was incredibly limited, and all but useless to anyone who likes their TFs with a military bent.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Film wasn't too bad, certainly miles better than RotF.

Good things happen when Transformers battle on Highways.