Dark of the Moon

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, could have sworn they were larger.

There was A company that made 1:18 scale Transformers. They did look like alternators you not wrong but, I can't for the love of me figure out there name..... They also made 1:24 scale ones too.

Dear, Hasbro

After making 55,000 Ironhide mold's you still can't make a decent one:mad:, However Leader Screamers is awesome!

Thank you.

I enjoyed the movie. It had a G1 plot to it and was had the same fell as Rotf. Just better everything.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Ironhide is just like Leader Starscream in botmode (minus the kibble), looks great and just needs a bit of detail painting to really shine. Sad that neither of them have wrists due to the pop out cannons and heads don't move because of the electronics. Both Alt modes have clunky undersides, but somehow the Raptor looks better than the truck. How the hell do you screw up the underside of a big ass truck?

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
That is a good question. All Ironhide's molds have that problem. I think it's just his cannons are hard to "hide" in truck mode. Still that's lame they can't figure it out.... Leader screamers just did alot right and little wrong give it maybe they had a bigger budget for the figure, we would have a figure that would destroy all other Leaders.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I would love to see the F-22 done Masterpiece Starscream style. MP-03 is the perfect Transformer.

Leader Ironhide suffers from too many gimmicks. If his chest didn't have that pop out circle thing, he would have plenty of room for a better transformation. I'm just thankful his botmode looks and poses well once the kibble is removed. His arms are impaired since the shoulders are so far back, tucked behind the tires, but still a reasonable amount of movement.

The two sets of truck grills in botmode is another flaw.

And yes, he is always looking down.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
There was A company that made 1:18 scale Transformers. They did look like alternators you not wrong but, I can't for the love of me figure out there name..... They also made 1:24 scale ones too.

Are you thinking of "Roadbots"? They were great in theory, but man, in person, they are colossal pieces of shit. I bought a few when BBTS had a clearance thinking I'd just use them for custom parts, and they are pretty damn bad.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
That sounds right.. I never owned one but had the Idea to make a Menasor outta of them that last all but, 2 hours.

Kämpfer MS-18E

"What the hell are you?!"
Jun 24, 2011
Sin-cinnati
Yeah, I was interested in Leader Ironhide, but after all the reviews, I'm passing. Its still interesting to me as to why they considered his character for the leader treatment, with how the plot of the movie goes and all. I'm going to be a sad little kid on Christmas if none of the Deceptions don't get a leader figure for this line.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Damn you DOTM and your excellent Leader class bots. Ironhide's truck is crap, but the botmode was enough to make me cough up another $40 for my first ever big Bee. Glad I waited because this is definitely the version to get. So awesome that the electronics are on a throw away backpack. :)