G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
My TRU put out one case, which was quickly ravaged like the meat counter in a third-world grocery store. It's never been restocked. I ordered a bunch straight from TRU.com and ebayed the couple I was missing.

I'll likely bite on the H&R, but I think I'm going to pass on the 6-pack unless it's got something extraordinary in it. A NF Roadblock and Duke isn't going to cut it.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
My TRU put out one case, which was quickly ravaged like the meat counter in a third-world grocery store. It's never been restocked.

Same here...was sorta hoping since I am only buying select 1:18 figures... I would be able to buy these every once in a while...to bad it has only been once. I refuse to pay eBay prices for them in hopes that they will eventually be easier to find. :D

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
No Kre-I Joe blindbags at my TRU, and I don't really feel like spending a few hours on the metro to get to the other nearest one and back. Looks like I'll keep waiting.

If you ask customer service, they can, if they are nice, look up in the computers and it will say what all stores within 50-100 miles has them in stock. That's what I did in st. louis instead of driving to all 7 trus.

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
If you ask customer service, they can, if they are nice, look up in the computers and it will say what all stores within 50-100 miles has them in stock. That's what I did in st. louis instead of driving to all 7 trus.
Right, but there are only two TRUs in the Montreal area that are remotely/adequately accessibly by public transit and therefore me, and I live 15 minutes by foot from one of them. :pirate:

But yeah, that's a good idea.

1337W422102

I come from the Net.
They allow you to buy Joes in Canada?

What is this world coming to..

« Un véritable héros canadien ! »
Just pullin' your leg. But yeah, finding/buying Joes in Canada is an asspain. For the longest time, the only 25th stuff we had was a single wave (not case, but wave) of the helmeted Cobra Commander/Flash/Snow Job/etc. wave per Zellers and months and months later, half of the first series of 25th vehicles.

Shit sucks. Hence my surprise at finding the Kre-I Joe stuff at all, and on sale, no less. I mentioned that in the review I did of a few of the sets: http://ages25andup.blogspot.ca/2013/03/gi-joe-kre-o-rundown-roundup-review.html

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
My local Tuesday Morning is getting in Transfomers and Battleship sets for cheap, if you want some other options to round out your Joes.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Finding correct helmets/hats would be a b!tch for some of those, especially in the correct color...the zombies would be super cool though...

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
the thing about helmets, some people sell those in bulk as they are easier to cast. So you could say buy 50 Biker scout helmets cheap then buy these sheets. Heck, I bet the guy sells solid sheets of certain characters.

I also found a bunch of generic space guys in lots so just put the stickers over their current design.

some other characters could be trickier.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I keep seeing w2 on ebay for crazy $$$, but I've never seen the bags at my local TRU, not even the first series. They have plenty of the sets and ton of bags for TF, Trek, and other lines, but no Joe bags.

It's odd, the website has had the Ghoststriker X-16 & ASP set up for a long time, and I thought it was supposed to come out in the second wave with the big set with the building and HISS. I got a pair a month of so back when they ran another buy-one-get-one 50% off. That little Ace is awesome!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I want a Kreo BAT, the only kreo I want, but not enough to pay hostage, I mean scalper prices...they can go f*@# themselves...or find other suckers :D

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Wave 2 of these should be hitting anytime, however if anyone has seen the new Cityville line of Kre-o, many of the parts are reused GI JOE parts (typical hasbro) thus could make for some easy customs on these.

If reusing them makes more exposure for Kre-Os and in turn makes more sales for Joe Kre-Os.. I'm all for it...

and now, I want this set, lol:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Ghoststriker has been in most stores for a few weeks...have not seen any WAVE 2 blind bags yet...

EDDIE - If I can - I will hook you up with a BAT. :D

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
I'm going to be buying any and all of these blind packs I find in stores and online through TRU. So, if I get extras, I'll be hooking people up.

As for the above playset, that's the cityville series and they are cool. Zombies, swat, police, etc. All kinds of cool stuff.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Cityville is cool...but not sure why KREONS have different bodies...that is disappointing...

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Yeah, the Cittyville have the same head, but on a mini body(think Yoda), not sure why they went that route, but I still love em. And you get 2 figs in each blind bag.. SWEET!

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I walked down the Joe aisle and was like.. YES! I saw a box of new Kreos... and then was saddened when I stood in front of it.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I walked down the Joe aisle and was like.. YES! I saw a box of new Kreos... and then was saddened when I stood in front of it.

So the box was in the action figure aisle instead of KREO area...I still have not seen them in stores, but some fellow Iowa collectors have found them in Des Moines and Davenport... I bought ten for $40...the other day...just missing Snow Job now (I think - I need to double check)

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
yeah, I saw the Kreo aisle and it looked like a bomb exploded, stuff everywhere(unless they're resetting it or something). Then I walked in to Joes aisle and there they were. I know there is a collector that works there as my brother got his Masterpiece Soundwave from that store and the guy that rang him up was like, "DUDE, YOU KNOW THESE ARE SELLING FOR $300 ON EBAY".