GIJCC 2014 Figure is...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
http://gijoeclub.com

Cross Country!

2014 CROSS-COUNTRY (3 3/4-Inch Modern Era Action Figure)

CROSS-COUNTRY is the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club FREE Membership Incentive Figure for 2014! This FREE figure will be sent to any G.I. Joe Club member that chooses the 3 3/4-inch figure option and whose membership is active by March 16th, 2014.

This club exclusive CROSS-COUNTRY action figure features a NEW head sculpt, NEW vest with holster, figure stand, classic file card and accessories, including: assault rifle, pistol, and NEW vehicle wrench. Members can expect to receive this bagged figure with all his accessories in late spring/early summer of 2014!

And as an additional add-on (i.e. more money) he has a Snowcat… er, yeah a Snowcat repainted as a H.A.V.O.C. MkII. Uh, ok...

12" figure is:
2014 MAN OF ACTION (12-Inch Vintage Style Action Figure)

The MAN OF ACTION is one of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club FREE Membership Incentive Figures for 2014!

This FREE figure will be sent to any G.I. Joe Club member that chooses the 12-inch figure option and whose membership is active by March 16th, 2014.

There will also be an add on accessory set with box and uniform available for purchase so you can complete this great 50th anniversary figure!

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Cross Country!

2014 CROSS-COUNTRY (3 3/4-Inch Modern Era Action Figure)

CROSS-COUNTRY is the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club FREE Membership Incentive Figure for 2014! This FREE figure will be sent to any G.I. Joe Club member that chooses the 3 3/4-inch figure option and whose membership is active by March 16th, 2014.

This club exclusive CROSS-COUNTRY action figure features a NEW head sculpt, NEW vest with holster, figure stand, classic file card and accessories, including: assault rifle, pistol, and NEW vehicle wrench. Members can expect to receive this bagged figure with all his accessories in late spring/early summer of 2014!

And as an additional add-on (i.e. more money) he has a Snowcat… er, yeah a Snowcat repainted as a H.A.V.O.C. MkII. Uh, ok...

Last edited:

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Are they gonna leave the 'Confederate Flag' on his belt or are they gonna get all PC about it and get rid of it? That's what I want to know.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm gonna go ahead and say it, they pulled a 180 from last year's fiasco if that is what he ends up looking like. New head and vest? Still doesn't quite make up for the fuck-up that was Iceberg, but it's a damn good start at recovery. And you know how much it pains me to compliment the Club, but CC looks good.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Are they gonna leave the 'Confederate Flag' on his belt or are they gonna get all PC about it and get rid of it? That's what I want to know.

Well, it's missing the stars, but I hope it stays. It's technically not the Confederate flag, but some little white dots would be easy enough to add, if they chose to or not.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Wow!! I'm impressed just when I thought I was not going to re up my membership they found a way to make me want to. Well done fun pub.

They saved their asses, and I think they knew they had to. With a lot of folks. I know I was more irritated than most over last year's fuck-up, and some folks (mainly HTers) would buy anything with the Joe name on it, but many people were vocal at how awful Iceberg was. Still doesn't make up for Iceberg, but I bet a bunch of people, myself included, will hang around now for this.

I've wanted a modern CC for quite a while now. He's the last Sunbow Joe besides Frostbite that hasn't been remade in any sort of vintage modern form, and that lazy ROC kitbash pilot doesn't count. (Not counting the half-assed ones that should be remade like Cutter, Monkeywrench, etc. or some of the movie guys, or toon-only characters… Talking the Sunbow, daily cartoon.)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Gosh dang it!...he looks perfect!...I won't blame them for not adding the stars and trying to be a little PC (who wants that headache?) but I'll give them serious respect if they throw caution to the wind and go full confederate

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
You guys know as well as I do that companies will get rid of shit if it even slightly resembles something people will get uppity about. Even if you have to squint hard and use your imagination.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gay, v1 Cross Country. Still, I can make a modern version that doesn't cup the goat balls using a cast of the head.

And technically his belt buckle is the Confederate naval ensign, not the battle flag. :trollface:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ha!

Wonder if the 21st century CVC helmet will fit over the kepi?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
From the Club:

G.I. JOE H.A.V.O.C. MK-II (Add-On Vehicle purchased separately)
[Heavy Assault Vehicle Ordnance Carrier]

Based on the colors of the original H.A.V.O.C. driven by CROSS-COUNTRY, this vehicle features an opening canopy, free-rolling wheels, a moveable windshield wiper and hi-velocity X-1 torpedoes. Plus, you can elevate the vehicle's launcher to rotate 360 degrees and fire four missile accessories!

The H.A.V.O.C. MK-II combines the stamina of a tank with the handling of an off-road vehicle. The result is a machine that makes its own road over tough terrain to battle the evil forces of COBRA.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The missile launchers were painted with artwork from the original A.S.P. I was being a smartass. Painting one thing in the colors of another doesn't make it a MkII anything.

Bullsh!t it doesn't!...I painted my BTTF Delorean orange an added "01"s to the sides and a confederate flag on the roof and it's now my General Lee MkII

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Well, I'll be. The Club might redeem the disaster that was Iceberg. I'll totally get a Cross Country fig if the final product looks like that.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, I'll be. The Club might redeem the disaster that was Iceberg. I'll totally get a Cross Country fig if the final product looks like that.

The only way they'll redeem that is if they send everyone who bought a bagged one at least a replacement head, and the ones who got a carded one a replacement complete carded figure.

But it's a step towards not doing it again. :thumbsup:

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
The only way they get redemption on Iceberg is if they send me the correct head! :shakefist:

Yeah they got me for another year with CC.

I will skip the HAVOC mk2. I hate the HAVOC mk1. That thing made no sense as it replaced the Maulers as armor in the cartoon.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Nice figure, naf vehicle, straight up repaint with no mods don't look good for a Snow Based Vehicle. And keeping the Ski-Missiles... dumb.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
To be honest, they could've put a little more effort into the Snow Cat repaint and it could've been interesting. I agree on the sleds, though. That's just dumb/lazy.

What's weird, is that they didn't just do Frostbite next year and release the Snow Cat in official vintage colors instead of that stupid marbled crap that came in the POC line with the wrong driver. (Although that may be their plan, since he's literally the only Sunbow Joe left now.)

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
To be honest, they could've put a little more effort into the Snow Cat repaint and it could've been interesting. I agree on the sleds, though. That's just dumb/lazy.

What's weird, is that they didn't just do Frostbite next year and release the Snow Cat in official vintage colors instead of that stupid marbled crap that came in the POC line with the wrong driver. (Although that may be their plan, since he's literally the only Sunbow Joe left now.)

The next one will be TIGER FORCE Frostbite & Tiger Cat.